Jones Beach

Discuss the band.

Re: Jones Beach

Postby jamesbn » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:27 pm

I am really psyched for this show.....Poco with Richie.......Loggins and Messina....on the water!

I've been listening to Richie's "Alive"....Loggins and Messina's "Sittin' In Again" and Poco's KTLA.....what a night it will be!!!

So....perhaps I'm premature.....but is it time for roll call? Who's gonna be there?
jamesbn

Postby MsUp » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:09 pm

jamesbn wrote:I am really psyched for this show.....Poco with Richie.......Loggins and Messina....on the water!

I've been listening to Richie's "Alive"....Loggins and Messina's "Sittin' In Again" and Poco's KTLA.....what a night it will be!!!

So....perhaps I'm premature.....but is it time for roll call? Who's gonna be there?

You forgot George Grantham will be 'sittin' in', jamesbn, how exciting is that !!!!
Rusty, Paul, Jack, George, George, Richie, Jim, and I'm sure they will all take the stage, together, for a few songs. All that and Loggins & Messina, on top of the cake.
MsUp

Postby jamesbn » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:54 am

I hadn't heard that George will be sittin in! That's great!

On another thread there was talk about a "special guest" with Richie in NJ Monday night.....anyone have any idea on who that is?
jamesbn

Postby MsUp » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:51 am

jamesbn wrote:I hadn't heard that George will be sittin in! That's great!

On another thread there was talk about a "special guest" with Richie in NJ Monday night.....anyone have any idea on who that is?

NO ! However, 'almost everybody' who has anything to do with Poco's history will be in town. Your guess is as good as mine.
MsUp

Postby CurlyQfromLI » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:36 am

OMG...I didn't want to get my hopes up for George G being there...like Claudia said..that will be the icing on the cake !!

I can not wait..hope the weather is mint...there really is nothing like an outdoor concert on a nice summer night, especially by the water..and ESPECIALLY SEEING POCO !!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Follow your dreams, it's really all that you can do
Give it your best, and remember that life is what you choose
Follow your dreams, and do what you love to do
CurlyQfromLI

Postby MsUp » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:10 am

Since we don't count weekends or holidays, it's 5 DAYS & COUNTING !
MsUp

Postby jamesbn » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:28 pm

Well....in my house it's 7 days...because my daughter is counting down to the Jonas Brothers on Friday...and she says 5 days to go.

Yes...it'll be quite a weekend for me....Jonas Brothers, Poco, Richie and Loggins & Messina. Hope they sell beer at the Jonas Brothers.....otherwise that could be a very long night!
jamesbn

Postby MsUp » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:22 am

jamesbn wrote:Well....in my house it's 7 days...because my daughter is counting down to the Jonas Brothers on Friday...and she says 5 days to go.

Yes...it'll be quite a weekend for me....Jonas Brothers, Poco, Richie and Loggins & Messina. Hope they sell beer at the Jonas Brothers.....otherwise that could be a very long night!

Just because your daughter counts the weekend, doesn't mean you need to, jamesbn !

4 DAYS & COUNTING !
MsUp

Postby CurlyQfromLI » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:47 am

Somebody...PLEASE COME UP WITH AN IDEA how we can identify each other...for those of us who don't know anyone by sight...
I plan on being in the parking lot, hanging out before the show (weather permitting) !

Follow your dreams, it's really all that you can do
Give it your best, and remember that life is what you choose
Follow your dreams, and do what you love to do
CurlyQfromLI

Postby jamesbn » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:43 am

Name tags would work...but, wow, that'd feel goofy....Is there an area of the parking lot that'd be best to meet up at?

Based on the postings...I'm thinking there will be a large number of 'nuts in the house. Maybe a centralized meeting spot and then name tags?

jim
jamesbn

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion