Bill Champlin leaves Chicago

Discuss the band.

Re: Bill Champlin leaves Chicago

Postby swandy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:02 pm

voycefm wrote:
jerzeypocofan wrote:Chicago has 4 original members in the band.....Bill Champlin and Jason Scheff have
been in the band longer than some of the original members :roll:

??????? :?:

That was my thoughts exactly. How could two replacements (though I really enjoy both of them) be in the band for a shorter period of time than the 4 original members? It's not like some of the remaining originals left and came back.
My younger brother and I grew up (sort of) with them and he could not listen to them after Danny Seraphin left as drummer. I agree that no one has been able to replace what Terry KATH brought to the band, but I also like Howland.
What is interesting is that if you can find some of Jason Scheff's solo stuff, it also seems like being Peter's replacement was stiffling for him also at times. (Like you said about Bill Champlin.) And will I am interested to see what Bill will do solo (and yes I have a lot of his solo and Sons stuff), I will miss him from Chicago also.
They are not the same band they were back in their hey-day, but still very enjoyable to listen to for me. (Unlike a lot of music that has emerged in the last 25 years or so.)
Steve
Steve
swandy

Postby DooDa Dave » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:33 pm

jerzeypocofan wrote:Chicago has 4 original members in the band.....Bill Champlin and Jason Scheff have

How can you be in a band longer than 4 original members? :?: :o :lol:
DooDa Dave

Postby jerzeypocofan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:19 am

DooDa Dave wrote:

How can you be in a band longer than 4 original members? :?: :o :lol:

Didn't mean that Dave.....I meant Jason has been a band member longer than Peter
Cetera.etc :lol:
I'm A Wide Open Space Cowboy
I Got Lazy Ways I Got Some Hidden Joy

Fins Up!
jerzeypocofan

Postby Wahooaroo » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:24 am

While I thought that "Hot Streets" had some good tunes on it, Chicago, for me, was last genuinely one of the great ones when "X" came out.

Not that good music probably wasn't created after 10, but they were just so good for so long, that something truly cool and special went away after Kath passed on.

But that's OK, 10 years of great music is something to be proud of.....and to be savoured.

For what they did, when they did it..... 8-)
Wahooaroo

Previous

Return to Poco Discussion