Keep on Trying on TV show

Discuss the band.

Keep on Trying on TV show

Postby volpi » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:09 pm

Someone had mentioned on the old site that the show Bones had an episode where the stars are singing Keep on Tryin in a diner at the end of the show. Well that show was on last night August 11th. First they played Poco singing it, then the actors talking about it and singing it , and then Poco as the credits come on. The girl who plays the character Bones says to her male co star "There' s this old song Keep on Tryin" and he
says "Poco". I loved it!!!!!
John
volpi

Re: Keep on Trying on TV show

Postby hank » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:49 pm

Is it on youtube already?
hank

Postby sunsetkidd » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:49 pm

Oh yeah...it was a real lengthy thread here when it first came on, a couple of years ago. It's on youtube somewhere. The dialogue is a great mention of Poco and how Keep on Tryin' is a 'good old song', and they sing along to it.
I cannot find the video of that, but it's been there before. But there's this, without dialogue. And this intriguing version has Tim singing it but it's not the same version...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkZ83YGm ... re=related
"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."
- Bogart
sunsetkidd

Postby Dar » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:28 pm

seen it too,watch the repeats ,it will be on again,it was soooo cool
Dar

Postby CurlyQfromLI » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:12 pm

I can not believe I missed this again...my girlfriend told me about it after the fact..I have missed it EACH time...unbelievable !! :( :?

Follow your dreams, it's really all that you can do
Give it your best, and remember that life is what you choose
Follow your dreams, and do what you love to do
CurlyQfromLI

Postby musicclown » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:33 pm

This show is from Season 2 Episode 18 called The Killer In The Concrete. Ryan O'Neal is in this one. (He plays Bone's dad).
musicclown

Postby Here In GR » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:24 pm

That is so sweet! But if the audio is of a diferent version of this song, then where did it come from?
Here In GR

Postby darrelp » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:47 pm

Where did this Timothy only version come from? I have all of his albums and it is not from there. It is a very nice version, very crisp lead vocal. I won't say I prefer it to the group version, but it is very nice.

Poco made Timothy B. one of the best vocalists ever. First, having to second Richie and then having to become one of the front men for the Fab Four. For those familar with his work, we know that whole falsetto thing wasn't there originally. The only high part on "Hear That Music" is George G.

The Eagles boxed him in, but at least he has continued releasing those solo albums, which all of us Tim fans love and appreciate.
darrelp

Postby musicclown » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:48 pm

Two versions of Keep On Tryin.

Lets see if these links will allow to be downloaded. Keep On Tryin with Timmy with Ringo Starr in 1992 and then Poco Paris 1975. The Eagles Long Beach 1980 was that good quality so I left the link off.

I have solo Timmy B. Schmidt somewhere in my musical mess. I may have got it from his webpage site at one time. Who knows where now. Enjoy these two.

I guess it won't download but it will allow you to play the songs. Go to beemp3 yourself and search the songs out yourself to download. I downloaded them.

http://beemp3.com/download.php?file=327 ... n+Tryin%27

http://beemp3.com/download.php?file=508 ... n+Tryin%27
musicclown

Return to Poco Discussion