Wini: America meets Poco concert

Discuss the band.

Wini: America meets Poco concert

Postby pocomann » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:17 am

Wini, man I hate getting old! Damn brain clouds! The America meets Poco concert was 28 September 1975, so my poster for 15 October, (unknown year) was indeed a second concert at the Stadthalle Offenbach, Germany, because of the photo of the Rose of Cimmeron LP, which was released in 1976! I must have been to both, but for the life of me, I can't remember it! A friend in Heidelberg, that plays Pedal Steel Guitar tells me that he went to a Poco concert with me in Offenbach, but he doesn't remember America playing! I must not have been very happy with the concert if I have totally spaced it out of my memory. But I also didn't like the Legend concert here in SLC, but I can remember that one because I haven't been able to hear very well since then! ;)

Kelly
pocomann

Re: Wini: America meets Poco concert

Postby wini » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:03 pm

But that would mean that I have missed one of those shows! And that makes me wonder. Why would I miss the 76 show? Where was I? And why?
wini

Postby pocomann » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:32 pm

Its was a mystery concert -- in the twilight zone! :lol:
pocomann

Postby TonySTL » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:19 pm

pocomann wrote:Its was a mystery concert -- in the twilight zone! :lol:

lol

I've been to a lot of those shows! Recently was kidding my wife about a Little Feat show at the Fox theater in the late '80's and how she was mad that I wanted to get up and move and it was embarrasing her...In the back of my mind, a little voice kept saying "shhhhut Uuuuup". Darn, I knew it wasn't her that I was with that night, why the heck did my absent mind take over my present tongue!??

Hey Kelly - do you think you are going to make Wildwood in ROCtober? If so, let me know which night soon. I am only going to be able to make one show and haven't finalized it yet.
TonySTL

Postby pocomann » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:34 pm

Hi Tony,

Well, at least you remember something about that concert! I have a poster of a concert I have no member off, though a freind suggests I was there. I'm corresponding with another friend in Germany -- maybe he can jog my memory! :oops:

As far as Wildwood goes, I don't have tickets yet, at least as far as I know. ;)
Mary advised me that I had better get tickets soon, if there are any left at all! But it would probably be Saturday's concert. The problem for me is the expense. With our current money situation, I can't just (selfishly) buy tickets for myself. The tickets are pricey, but that's not the only expense, as you can imagine. I (selfishly) hinted to my wife and son that seeing how my birthday is in October, Poco tickets to Wildwood sure would make a nice gift! I don't know if they took me seriously though. And of course it would be with Carmen, no way she's going to let me run off to a rock concert with all those groupies hanging hanging around! ;)

I'll let you know if I will be there, but if what Mary says is true, you should get your tickets soon. I have a old drummer friend that lives in STL that I have not seen for a while, so this concert would be an opportunity to see him again, as well as maybe take in a Cards game, if they in town that weekend.

BTW, that America meets Poco concert cost DM 17.50. I'm guessing the exchange rate may have been about 3 marks per dollar so that concert cost about $6.00 Compare that to more than $80 for Wildwood. Talk about a little inflation!

Kelly
pocomann

Return to Poco Discussion