NEW JERSEY POLICE CAPTURE DYLAN!

Discuss the band.

NEW JERSEY POLICE CAPTURE DYLAN!

Postby Jeff Fin » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:26 pm

LONG BRANCH NJ (15 MINUTES FROM MY HOME) — Music superstar Bob Dylan got tangled up in blue in late July when he had a run-in with police called to investigate a suspicious man peeking into a vacant home.
Patrolwoman Kristie Buble responded to the call at Franklin and Third avenue on July 23, where she came upon a shabbily dressed man looking into the house, in the pouring rain.
""I said what are you doing in the neighborhood, he said he was looking at a house for sale,'' she said. ""I asked him who he was and he said I'm Bob Dylan.''
Not believing him, Buble, 24, said she asked him for identification, which he did not have.
""I asked him where he was staying, he said a big hotel on the ocean,'' she said. ""I took that to be Ocean Place (Resort & Spa).''
Buble, a three-year veteran of the force, said she put Dylan in her patrol car, ""out of the pouring rain,'' and drove him to the hotel.
""I pulled in and there were two big tour buses in the parking lot,'' Buble said. ""I thought, 'oh, maybe you are Bob Dylan.' ''
Dylan was touring with Willie Nelson and John Mellencamp.
Buble said Dylan's manager, who was in one of the buses, identified him. His identity was later confirmed with his passport.
Buble said she knew who Dylan was, but did not recognize him on the street.
""We all got a laugh,'' she said. ""He didn't look like a famous person.''
Buble said she was not able to get an autograph.
""His manager cut off all communication,'' she said.
WARNING TO RUSTY AND THE BOYS ....CARRY YOUR ID'S AT ALL TIMES DURING NEXT WEEK'S PNC ARTS CENTER NEW JERSEY SHOW...JERSEY COPS MEAN BUSINESS!
Jeff Fin

Re: NEW JERSEY POLICE CAPTURE DYLAN!

Postby Bogeyfire » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:23 am

Well, he is kind of scary looking!
:D
I could make it political, but I'm exercising... C O N T R O L ! ! !
:lol:
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby studiogirl » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:36 am

Seems like all he needed to do was break into song. Who in the western world would NOT recognize that voice???
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby darrelp » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:51 am

studiogirl wrote:Who in the western world would NOT recognize that voice???

Truly one of the greatest and most ezpressive voices in music. I get so tired of people saying this man can not sing. (And I do not mean you SG, because I know you are not one of these folks).

I hope this officer's father gave her a good dressing down when she got home. I also think an autograph should not have been out of the question. Free worldwide news should have warranted that much.
darrelp

Postby hzryb » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:22 am

Now I can understand some 20-something cop not recognizing Mr. Dylan, but not even knowing who he is?

Whether you like Dylan or not, he is one of the most important voices of the past 50 years. Who doesn't know who Bob Dylan is?
hzryb

Postby Straycat » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:52 am

Jeff Fin wrote: a shabbily dressed man looking into the house, in the pouring rain.
""I said what are you doing in the neighborhood, he said he was looking at a house for sale,'' she said. ""I asked him who he was and he said I'm Bob Dylan.''
Not believing him, Buble, 24, said she asked him for identification, which he did not have.

This story would make for a good song....

How does it feel
To be without a home
Like a complete unknown
Like a rolling stone?
Life is too short to listen to sh!tty music
Straycat

Postby Lonesomedave » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:49 am

He should have told them he was Jakob Dylan's father.
Or Mr. Zimmerman, a tourist from Minnesota who was lost.
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

Postby drmojave » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:21 am

unbelievable!
-
same thing happened to kareem abdul jabbar this year at the nba playoffs in orlando. kareem is the all time leading scorer in the nba. he is 7'2" tall. he has been on t.v since the early 70's. he has been in movies. he is an assistant coach for the lakers.
-
he entered the orlando venue through the player/coach entrance. he was detained by security who wanted to verify his i.d. for me, all i would have to do is look at him. that is all i would need. i would wave him through, ask for an autograph, and pay my respects.
-
we have all heard of good cop/bad cop. every once in awhile, you get "dumb cop".
-
jeez, dylan is iconic in american and world culture. his appearance makes him one of the most recognizable people in the world. any cop that is that dumb should not have a badge or a gun. i wouldn't trust this idiot to weed my garden let alone enforce the law!
out in the great mojave, there's a city that i know
with a truckstop, a dairy queen, and a recording studio.
-
if you drive all night in the pale moonlight, this road will take you home.
oh ludlow, i'm comin' home to you.
drmojave

Postby Lonesomedave » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:55 am

We chuckle over these incidents or roll our eyes but there are people out there who live in a tiny little world. They have no interest in anything outside their job and "Dancing With the Stars" or some such nonsense.

I've really found this to be true among EMT's, police and firefighters. Not making a sweeping generalization here, it's just what I've encountered. People in those jobs tend to be a bit insulated, a bit out of touch. I don't know why. Perhaps it's just me.

And to be fair, if you don't know, you don't know. Who'd expect to see Dylan poking around an empty house in the rain?
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

Postby Dar » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:53 pm

:o
Dar

Next

Return to Poco Discussion