NEW JERSEY POLICE CAPTURE DYLAN!

Discuss the band.

Re: NEW JERSEY POLICE CAPTURE DYLAN!

Postby wini » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:06 pm

drmojave wrote:jeez, dylan is iconic in american and world culture. his appearance makes him one of the most recognizable people in the world. any cop that is that dumb should not have a badge or a gun.

So, if some 50-60 year old cop came across Eddie Vedder or the singer of Coldplay or Foxy Brown or whoever, you are sure they'd recognize them?
wini

Postby wini » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:07 pm

drmojave wrote:jeez, dylan is iconic in american and world culture. his appearance makes him one of the most recognizable people in the world. any cop that is that dumb should not have a badge or a gun.

So, if some 50-60 year old cop came across Eddie Vedder or the singer of Coldplay or Foxy Brown or whoever, you are sure they'd recognize them?
wini

Postby wini » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:10 pm

No, folks, you do not suffer from Double Vision. There are two posts above which are exactly the same. And it was neither 'on purpose' nor a lack of memory like in 'Did I already submit my post or not?'

It was simply a weird combination of hitting the BACK and ENTER key at the same time.
Like a simple twist of fate ...
wini

Postby studiogirl » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:18 pm

wini wrote:No, folks, you do not suffer from Double Vision. There are two posts above which are exactly the same. And it was neither 'on purpose' nor a lack of memory like in 'Did I already submit my post or not?'

It was simply a weird combination of hitting the BACK and ENTER key at the same time.
Like a simple twist of fate ...

It's okay, Wini...don't think twice, it's all right. :roll:
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby mgraeff » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:47 pm

I asked my 79 year old Mom a little while ago if she would recognize Bob Dylan if he showed up on her doorstep, and she said, "Of course. And I would invite him in. And then I would call you and tell you that you will never guess who came to visit." I just cannot believe they didn't recognize him. How can you not recognize Bob Dylan?

Margaret
mgraeff

Postby Lonesomedave » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:20 pm

studiogirl wrote:

Rats! I wish I'd have thought of that!
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

Postby drmojave » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:28 pm

Lonesomedave wrote:
studiogirl wrote:

Rats! I wish I'd have thought of that!

-
me too!
out in the great mojave, there's a city that i know
with a truckstop, a dairy queen, and a recording studio.
-
if you drive all night in the pale moonlight, this road will take you home.
oh ludlow, i'm comin' home to you.
drmojave

Postby drmojave » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:35 pm

wini wrote:

-
good point wini, i see the logic, however coldplay guy, eddie vedder, foxy brown are nowhere near the icons that dylan is.
-
i am a 61 year old guy. if i passed eddie vedder on the street, i doubt that i would recognize him. but, if he came over and told me he was eddie vedder, i would know it was he. same with coldplay guy.
-
to extend the analogy, tiger woods is internationally iconic. most people would recognize him on sight. he is in his early 30's. old/young people would recognize him.
-
dylan is historically signifigant as well as artistically important. dylan changed more than music, he changed history. people should know who he is from many perspectives.
-
when i met shaquille o'neal in my friend's recording studio last dec., i recognized him. he is still in his 30's. he didn't recognize me until after we had been properly introduced.
Last edited by drmojave on Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
out in the great mojave, there's a city that i know
with a truckstop, a dairy queen, and a recording studio.
-
if you drive all night in the pale moonlight, this road will take you home.
oh ludlow, i'm comin' home to you.
drmojave

Postby studiogirl » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:37 pm

drmojave wrote:when i met shaqille o'neal in my friend's recording studio last dec., i recognized him. he is stil in his 30's. he didn't recognize me until after we had been proprerly introduced.

I didn't recognize you, either...until you had been properly introduced, though the blinking light hanging around your neck was a dead giveaway...even "the other Jimmy M" knew it was you.... :wink:

(I guess Shaq didn't know about blinkies...)
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby litlfeat » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:50 pm

I can't even recognize myself anymore, let alone Bob Dylan!
I keep asking, "Who is that guy with the forehead that seems to go on forever and that white beard? Can't be me, can it?

As far as Bob's singing, let's face it. He ain't never been a great singer, but like John Prine, who else could sing those great songs? I love his voice 'cause it's Mr. Dylan.

For me, it's just proof that musical talent is deeper that the voice.
We are living in the future. I'll tell you how I know. I read it in the paper, 15 years ago.
litlfeat

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion