Woodstock Radio

Discuss the band.

Woodstock Radio

Postby guitarbro » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:39 pm

XM the Deep Tracks Channel is now for the time being Woodstock Radio. AWESOME!!!!!
guitarbro

Re: Woodstock Radio

Postby Here In GR » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:48 pm

Yes, I've heard quite a bit of it. It's from the new 6 disk box set. Some of that music is a little shaggy around the edges! I'm REALLY intregued by the new movie Taking Woodstock opening up next weekend, it's based on a true story. Eugene Levy plays Max Yasgur. I heard an interview with the lead actor on NPR today. And last night they had two great interviews with two people who were there in 1969 each on ewith a completly diferent experience. I listen to this program every night. Go to www.thestory.org
Here In GR

Postby guitarbro » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:32 am

Watched "Woodstock Then and Now" very good. Brought back some moments I'd forgotten about Like when N.Y. Gov. Nelson Rockafeller was going to bring in 10,000 troops to bring an end to the festival. Thank God that never happened. Kent State was bad enough. What an ass to want to do this. I cringe to think what would have happened if he succeeded in doing this. It's amazing how afraid those in power were of a bunch of peace loving people like us.
guitarbro

Postby Patm » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:11 am

guitarbro wrote:Watched "Woodstock Then and Now" very good. Brought back some moments I'd forgotten about Like when N.Y. Gov. Nelson Rockafeller was going to bring in 10,000 troops to bring an end to the festival. Thank God that never happened. Kent State was bad enough. What an ass to want to do this. I cringe to think what would have happened if he succeeded in doing this. It's amazing how afraid those in power were of a bunch of peace loving people like us.

Guitarbro, is this a new movie or past recording? I've been enjoying all the coverage of the 40th anniversary but could not find any info on this title.
"Don't Stop The Carnival." (You've got to play by Kinja rules.)
Patm

Return to Poco Discussion