Happy Fathers Day

Discuss the band.

Happy Fathers Day

Postby woogie » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:02 am

Happy Fathers day to all of us guys, I had some nice cards, money, and wine.It's nice to know you are appreciated, even got a card from the dog, bless him. :lol:
woogie

Re: Happy Fathers Day

Postby volpi » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:47 am

Happy fathers day to all you dads out there.My daughter bought me Seven/ Cantamos and
Indian Summer from Borders .com. I have not recieved them yet but they'll come. My wife, son and daughter will take me to dinner today. I'm working today till 3:00 so I hope the
afternoon is better. I hope everybody enjoys the day.
John and Sue
volpi

Postby MsUp » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:14 am

Happy Father's Day, to Poco (past & present members), all the 'nuts', their fathers and grandfathers. Hope the weather is nicer where you are (usually a great BBQ day, but it's looking more like a wash-out in the big apple). Don't let the weather destroy your good time with family & those dear to you.
MsUp

Postby Dar » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:55 am

happy fathers day all ,have a great day!
Dar

Postby sunsetkidd » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:06 am

Was in the car with my two kids this morning, and a live version of Bruce's 'Factory' came on, just a devastingly perfect version, on the fathers day edition of the local shore station's weekly sunday morning Bruce Brunch. That song always made me think of my own dad, who worked in the northeast NJ industrial megalopolis while we were growing up. (One of several Springsteen songs that strongly evoke my Dad). He died in '05, and I haven't stopped thinking of him since hearing it this morning. Almost lost it while on the Parkway. He really gave me a standard to try to live up to, but it's hard.
Happy Father's Day to all you Dads
"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."
- Bogart
sunsetkidd

Postby woogie » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:23 pm

Hey Sunset it's great that you remember your dad with such nice thoughts.
I was adopted and never knew my real dad.Treasure the memories you have everyone you only get one Mum and Dad.
woogie

Postby litoolfeat » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:55 pm

Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's and Granddad's in here. And a special Happy Father's Day to my Dad who left here 10 years ago this week to be up in Heaven! I miss him so much but I have my very own special guardian angel watching over me!
litoolfeat

Postby studiogirl » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:56 pm

woogie wrote:Hey Sunset it's great that you remember your dad with such nice thoughts.
I was adopted and never knew my real dad.Treasure the memories you have everyone you only get one Mum and Dad.

Happy Father's Day to all you dads. How lucky your kids are to have you!!! (And your excellent taste in music! ;)

Every day is Father's Day (and Mother's Day) for me...though they are long gone.

Rog...I'm adopted, too...never knew my birth parents but that has never been important to me because I was adopted by such wonderful people (not perfect...but truly outstanding). The wonderful people who raised me are my ONLY parents!

They did their best with what they got. :roll:
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby RedRiverPatrol » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:31 pm

Happy Fathers Day to all of us who have had Fathers, been Fathers, or just like Fathers.

I would give almost anything for a couple of cold beers and an hour of my Dad's time. But he has been looking out for me from that different perspective - upstairs - for quite a few years, now. I appreciate him much more now than I ever did then. Just wish I could tell him that.

Some of you have met my son. He and his sister and their Mom and I continue to make memories. Derek and I are planning a road trip to Yellowstone for late summer. We will all be on Oahu in November to celebrate Derek's 30th birthday and Diana's and my 33rd anniversary. Should be quite a week.

This is my 18th Father's Day as a Father. As your kids get older the job changes, but it is still rewarding.

Ted's Hot Dogs for dinner! My choice, of course.
Dave

Its not the bridges burned that bother me, but the ones that I never crossed. - Look At Me Look At You - Terry Kirkman
RedRiverPatrol

Postby RedDirtRog » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:38 pm

Happy fathers day Rog, and the rest of the nuts.

My Dad is'nt so well at the moment he's in hospital with foot problems due to his diabetes.
Well the music pours out on the street
Just as clean and cool as a cotton sheet

Country Rock, it's timeless
it's song will never ever age
Country Rock, it's in my bones
and they'll be singing along in my grave
RedDirtRog

Next

Return to Poco Discussion