what do we think of the new site

Discuss the band.

what do we think of the new site

Postby woogie » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:14 am

Controversial or what? Okay this site has been up and running now for probably a couple of months.So what do the nuts from the other side REALLY think of it.I'm gonna sit on the fence for a while and see what the general concencus of opinion is.
Yeah I'm chicken to say what I really think.
:lol: It's gonna be interesting to find out what everyone thinks.
woogie

Re: what do we think of the new site

Postby studiogirl » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:56 am

I'm still adjusting. It has things I like: separate forums so I don't have to wade through the vitriol of political arguements (they're not debates or discussions...well, sometimes they are). And there are a couple of things I don't like: can't jump to the last post (last page, but not last post) of a thread; and in general, the site is a little menu-bound, but that's not a big deal.

But there is something I'm itching to say, which came up yesterday for me. I emailed Russell, an administrator, with the information that there were spammers posting on the political forum. He responded right away, deleted the offensive posts and banned the bogus registrants. We had a nice exchange of messages, and I was able to thank and congratulate him on the continuing improvements.

So what I want to say in public (and feel free to join in!) is THANKS, ADMINISTRATOR(S)! Regardless of features any of us likes or doesn't, I don't think anyone can say we aren't getting back on our feet as a very verbal community that continues to have fun being fans and friends.

Thanks, Rog, for starting this thread. Here's everyone's chance to speak up (politely and constructively, of course) to thank the people who run this board, compliment them on what you like, and if needed, mention a bug or two.
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby Lonesomedave » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:44 pm

Honestly? Compared to the old site, I like this better. Compared to a lot of other sites of which I am or had been a member, it's on par with the best of those.
There's only one other that was better but it wasn't very active (Not a site but a member problem..) and the mod put an entire year into getting it right.
So I'm okay with this one. It does it's job.
Last edited by Lonesomedave on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

Postby TonyNYC » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:02 pm

Both worked good enough.

I don't see any vast difference or improvement so I'd rather have just stayed with the old one since it seems like a few people got lost in transition.

I liked the old one better in that everything was on the same menu and it was easier to get to the last post. I don't like having to switch to the other menu any time I want to check on the baseball thread. Also find the new one's quoting system a little confusing to read, but that may be more my fault.
TonyNYC

Postby MsUp » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:11 pm

I was a bit uncomfortable, with the new site, at first, but have fast become familiar with all the ins & outs. For someone who wasn't happy with the change, I seem to be leading the pack with the most posts here (433), however, Dar is inching up quickly with over 400 posts (just a few more smiley faces, and you'll catch me, sweetie) !

Hey, this is a place where we chat about our favorite band, and together, we celebrate their awesome talent. I'd love to see more 'nutz' come back to the fold (I see way too many '0' posts on the member's list). Lurking is OK, but stopping by for a chat, now & then, is even nicer, my friends. Since the new website went in line, we've gotten more 'new' members (along with original members). I think The 40th Anniversary Celebration, and The Stagecoach Festival, brought some much needed recognition to POCO, and I believe the upcoming shows with Loggins & Messina, Richie Furay & George Grantham, will have a similar effect (brand new fans, and renewed fans, will realize that POCO are still kickin' up their heels, and better than ever).

Thanks, Russell, I think it's working well.
MsUp

Postby thatguybackthere » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:15 pm

i really like the new site!!
thatguybackthere

Postby panama1955nh » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:44 pm

I do like this phpbb format. I use it on my fellowship's site and Richie uses it on his site.
Sure it took some getting used to, but overall, it's a better system. Thanks for Russell for being Administrator. Some times its a thankless job , so we gotta remember to say thanks.
"I've got a good reason for loving you..."
panama1955nh

Postby LJH » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:17 pm

Claudia, I'm one of the 'new' members since this site went live. I lurked forever on the old one, for some reason it wouldn't let me register, and that occasionally made me nuts (pun intended) when there was something I desperately wanted to respond to! So, yeah - I like this one a whole bunch better. (Except that the stooopid smilies won't stay where you put 'em.)
Jorja

"Gittin' old ain't fer sissies."
LJH

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:00 am

I like it.

Dr. Galvin
" I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake." Ernest Hemingway
DrMichaelGalvin

Postby Dar » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:29 am

MsUp wrote:I was a bit uncomfortable, with the new site, at first, but have fast become familiar with all the ins & outs. For someone who wasn't happy with the change, I seem to be leading the pack with the most posts here (433), however, Dar is inching up quickly with over 400 posts (just a few more smiley faces, and you'll catch me, sweetie) !

Hey, this is a place where we chat about our favorite band, and together, we celebrate their awesome talent. I'd love to see more 'nutz' come back to the fold (I see way too many '0' posts on the member's list). Lurking is OK, but stopping by for a chat, now & then, is even nicer, my friends. Since the new website went in line, we've gotten more 'new' members (along with original members). I think The 40th Anniversary Celebration, and The Stagecoach Festival, brought some much needed recognition to POCO, and I believe the upcoming shows with Loggins & Messina, Richie Furay & George Grantham, will have a similar effect (brand new fans, and renewed fans, will realize that POCO are still kickin' up their heels, and better than ever).

Thanks, Russell, I think it's working well.

i am trying to catch up,lol.i have mixed feelings,i was used to the old site,sorta getting used to this one......enjoy the show,i almost got to go.......
Dar

Next

Return to Poco Discussion