what do we think of the new site

Discuss the band.

Re: what do we think of the new site

Postby Lonesomedave » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:51 am

It's also branching out. Credit cards, cigarettes, some kind of pills, I think. Like the "Poco Shopping Network"!
I hope to see Cuban cigars and single malt soon.

(The spammers hammered one site I was on and there was some pretty graphic junk posted until they got the holes plugged! A bit of a chuckle for us adults but we had some young ladies on the site and then it ceased to be funny. I guess the site may have to institute one of those code letter boxes. Just about everyone's going that route. But if we do get Cuban's, let them stay. )
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

Postby Mystic » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:05 pm

I'm getting used to it. Certainly the larger type is easier for my aging eyes to read. Navigation could be better (can't get to the tour list directly from here), but I hope things will work out and improve. So far, so good!
Mystic

Postby studiogirl » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:53 pm

Lonesomedave wrote:It's also branching out. Credit cards, cigarettes, some kind of pills, I think. Like the "Poco Shopping Network"!
I hope to see Cuban cigars and single malt soon.

(The spammers hammered one site I was on and there was some pretty graphic junk posted until they got the holes plugged! A bit of a chuckle for us adults but we had some young ladies on the site and then it ceased to be funny. I guess the site may have to institute one of those code letter boxes. Just about everyone's going that route. But if we do get Cuban's, let them stay. )

The spam here is annoying to me, to say the least. I feel it's an invasion. So...I've communicated with Russell, our administrator, and a plan has been made. Rather than inundating him with emails from all of us, I have agreed to forward the pertinent info to "the powers that be" so the spam can be deleted, and he will be looking for "filterable" info -- domain names, etc. Except for a few junkets each year, I am "most around" and usually check the site daily (at least!), so most of the time any spam posts should disappear within 24 hours.

If anyone wants to bring something to my attention, just email me and I'll pass it along. My goal is to prevent flooding his inbox with the same message from numerous people.

I guess you could say this is like a "community watch" program. Just call me McGruff! Woof! (Don't let Poodleman know....)
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby Dar » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:43 pm

thats good to hear,i hate the spam too
Dar

Postby woogie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:52 pm

Time to come off the fence.I have not got used to the new site yet.Seems like a lot of the old school have registered on here but dont post anymore.I'm missing them I guess.
Dont like the emocions.I suppose that after using the old site for over 3years it will take some time to get used to the new one.
woogie

Postby kroney » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:05 pm

Love it...and find it very esy to use...like the larger font but still cant figure out the correct way to quote only part of someones reply...so I guess the quote function is the only weak link for me....
With courage, strength, faith and hope we will face one day at a time.
kroney

Postby MartinG » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:26 pm

studiogirl wrote:The spam here is annoying to me, to say the least. I feel it's an invasion.

What spam ? I've not seen any ...
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby studiogirl » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:35 pm

kroney wrote:Love it...and find it very esy to use...like the larger font but still cant figure out the correct way to quote only part of someones reply...so I guess the quote function is the only weak link for me....

When you click the "quote" function and it displays above the typing area, you can use your mouse to select the text you want to DELETE, and then delete it. Theoretically, what remains is what you want to quote.

If the quoted material includes a previous quote you want to delete, you have to carefully delete the bracketed name and end quote instruction within the overall quote.

In other words, what you want to quote has to begin with [quote=kroney] and end with [\quote] (I left out the " " marks so that the actual text displays). Anything between those two bracketed instructions will be quoted.

Don't know if that helps...still sounds a little confusing. Oh well.... :D
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby studiogirl » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:37 pm

studiogirl wrote:
kroney wrote:Love it...and find it very esy to use...like the larger font but still cant figure out the correct way to quote only part of someones reply...so I guess the quote function is the only weak link for me....

In other words, what you want to quote has to begin with [quote=kroney] and end with [\quote] (I left out the " " marks so that the actual text displays). Anything between those two bracketed instructions will be quoted.

I highlighted the part that quotes you and deleted a section of what I posted. And while I was at it, I deleted a couple of carrier returns to tighten up the spacing.

If you quote this response, you'll see what I'm talking about.
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby kroney » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:53 pm

studiogirl wrote:
studiogirl wrote:

I highlighted the part that quotes you and deleted a section of what I posted. And while I was at it, I deleted a couple of carrier returns to tighten up the spacing.

If you quote this response, you'll see what I'm talking about.

I'll have to play around....Thanks Carolyn
With courage, strength, faith and hope we will face one day at a time.
kroney

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion