Richie's show in Jersey

Discuss the band.

Richie's show in Jersey

Postby TonyNYC » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:26 pm

"Hey Eddie can you catch us a ride"....

No, not to catch up with Springsteen or an E Streeter or two, but to see Richie and his band Monday, 8/24.

Thought I'd be in Vermont next week, then driving down to see Richie and his band in NH Wednesday, but plans changed and now I'll see Poco at Jones Beach (man, it still annoys me that they ain't headlining), see George and Richie on stage and get those stagecoach tears welling in person this time and, with somebody's help, maybe hopefully get to see MR Furay since there are still some tickets remaining as of today.

Anyway, I'd appreciate either a round trip ride or a one way back (while it's possible to get to the show by train and cab, there seems to be no train back after 10:30 or so and a cab would be too much money for me).

I'd thank you profusely and be glad to help with gas and tolls and even a place to stay if you're coming in from out of town. I live in Queens, work in Brooklyn (nice flexible hours) and can make my way to and from any subway/LIRR station around.

References on request...

Let me know if you can help out on the site and I'll send you my email address/phone number

Thanks.
TonyNYC

Re: Richie's show in Jersey

Postby studiogirl » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:03 pm

TonyNYC wrote:References on request...

Let me know if you can help out on the site and I'll send you my email address/phone number

Thanks.

Bumpin' this up for my friend, Tony!!

And may I offer my review of accommodations? ImageImageImageImageImage

Five Stars!!! VERY comfy!!

Gracious and entertaining host. Next time I'm in NYC...this is where I'm staying (he doesn't know it yet, though....) ;)
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby severalpieces » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:44 pm

[color=#804000]
TonyNYC wrote:"Hey Eddie can you catch us a ride"....

No, not to catch up with Springsteen or an E Streeter or two, but to see Richie and his band Monday, 8/24.

Thought I'd be in Vermont next week, then driving down to see Richie and his band in NH Wednesday, but plans changed and now I'll see Poco at Jones Beach (man, it still annoys me that they ain't headlining), see George and Richie on stage and get those stagecoach tears welling in person this time and, with somebody's help, maybe hopefully get to see MR Furay since there are still some tickets remaining as of today.

Anyway, I'd appreciate either a round trip ride or a one way back (while it's possible to get to the show by train and cab, there seems to be no train back after 10:30 or so and a cab would be too much money for me).

I'd thank you profusely and be glad to help with gas and tolls and even a place to stay if you're coming in from out of town. I live in Queens, work in Brooklyn (nice flexible hours) and can make my way to and from any subway/LIRR station around.

References on request...

Thanks.

If You can find your way from Penn Station to Westfield (Raritan Valley Line) I will be happy to drive you there. Or, from Port Authority, gate 222, line 113 (I think, call me for details...908-232-3844). I'm a hop, skip and jump to the gig.
You can crash here at my place, but as I have said before...I will make you wash dishes and be nice to Elliot (my cat). I have the week off, so we can stay up late !
From here, I can get you back on the train or bus and then home will be your next destination.
Bev!
[/color]
"Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream..."
severalpieces

Postby TonyNYC » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:24 am

Thanks Bev I will be taking you up on your kind offer. Just bought a ticket and I'll give you a call in the evening. Thanks, again...Tony
TonyNYC

Postby severalpieces » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:18 pm

TonyNYC wrote:Thanks Bev I will be taking you up on your kind offer. Just bought a ticket and I'll give you a call in the evening. Thanks, again...Tony

Ohh! I'll have to do some dusting and cleaning. Hope you don't mind an Aero mattress and aren't allergic to cats!
Bev!
severalpieces

Postby severalpieces » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:55 pm

Tony, it was real fun talking with you and I am looking forward to meeting you and enjoying the show this coming Monday!

Meet 'cha at the train station ! Yep!
:) ;) 8-)
Bev!
severalpieces

Postby studiogirl » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:11 pm

This is cool! Kinda like a karma chain. Last October, Tony met me at the station... Now it's his turn to be met.Image
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby severalpieces » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:13 pm

studiogirl wrote:This is cool! Kinda like a karma chain. Last October, Tony met me at the station... Now it's his turn to be met.Image

Yeah, it's nice to be nice.
;)
Bev!
severalpieces

Return to Poco Discussion