Bethel Woods show and interview 8-21-09

Discuss the band.

Bethel Woods show and interview 8-21-09

Postby mikec » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:34 pm

What a great time!
It started with a full tour of the museum then around 3 it was interview time with Pete Fornatale and Richie. I sat in the front row five feet in front of Richie. He played PUTP near the start. He also did Sad Memory and Kind Woman. He sounded great. The interview was really good. Richie signed a nice picture I had from his cover of ALIVE. Poco and L & M both sounded great. I thought it was a great line-up. I think it was one of the best times I have had in a long time. I met a bunch of Poconuts. I met Danny and Kweevak, MsUp, Jon and Georgina,Keith and Linda. I hope I didn't miss anyone. Hope to see everyone again soon.
mikec

Re: Bethel Woods show and interview 8-21-09

Postby VA from NY » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:35 pm

I heard this was a wonderful show. So glad some of my favorite nuts went! I must say Poco members and their families are the nicest folks and the nuts are pretty nice too.
We are blessed with a good group.
VA from NY
And maybe if you like, we could be just like old friends that new friends could like
VA from NY

Postby cgries » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:36 pm

It was great to meet so many wonderful folks! I had no idea that one of my favorite bands was still followed and loved so much! It makes me happy to see so much support for such great music.

Thanks to all for letting me know about poconuts I will be watching and following the boards. I had a blast at the interview and the concert, was just what I needed after such a bad week.

Thank you to Richie Furay for signing my CD and taking a picture with me and for Pete Fornatale for sharing the interview experience with the Poco fans!!

Thanks to the poconuts for sharing too!!
Christine
cgries

Postby Dar » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:35 am

welcome aboard,sounds like a great show
Dar

Postby mikec » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:19 pm

Welcome Christine, it was nice meeting you. Glad you got your CD signed also glad you joined the nuts.
mikec

Postby cgries » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:52 pm

:D Thanks for making me feel 'at home'.

I promise I will not wait another 19 (gasp) years before seeing the band again.

This concert was what I needed at the moment...
Christine
cgries

Postby annemade » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:06 pm

Hi All,
I just found this board last week but I found Poco 40 years ago. They have been my favorite band for decades and believe it or not, the Bethel concert was my first chance to actually see them.

I struggle with many health problems (no need to go into) so it was thrilling for me to finally be able to get out and see them. I absolutely loved the show - especially Paul and Rusty. They all sounded great! Only complaint was that it went so fast and I just wanted another Poco portion to keep me satisfied.

And so, my husband has taken care of that by offering to take me down to Jersey on Oct. 21st (my birthday) to see Rusty, Paul and Jack do their acoustic show. I just can't wait. I am not able to leave the house much so to have something like this to look forward to is major. I pray I am able to make it.

Meanwhile, it is so nice to find all of you who share a common appreciation for a great group and great music.
Annie
annemade

Postby hzryb » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:48 pm

welcome annemade!
hzryb

Postby bassman » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:41 am

Wow what a long trip wonderful drive it was to Bethel for POCO and L&M. Beautiful country and roads were a lot of fun to drive on. It wouldn't have been a trip to Woodstock without rain and boy did it rain and lightning. Richie Mixed Bag radio interview was a lot of fun. Even Rusty took it in. Picked up Pete's Fornatale's new book Back to the Garden too. Museum was very good, a real trip down memory lane. Then off to concert venue which is one of the nicest outdoor venues I've been to. Show started with Pete Fornatale introducing POCO and they sounded great. The whole place was rockin right from the start. POCO did 3-4 tunes then brought on Richie and then the joint really got rockin. POCO did about an hour before Jimi joined them for the last tune, You Better think Twice. Great response from the crowd, I overheard a lot of talking durning the break about how great they sounded. Walked over to the merch tent and once again the place was packed, every one was buying POCO merch. I picked up a Buffalo Springfield shirt. L&M put on a great show. 90 plus minutes of hits all the while showcasing their very fine band. We went back to the museum the next day to tour the Woodstock festival site when it was a lot drier. On way home we headed 3 hours west and checked out the Corning Museum of Glass in Corning. If you ever are in the finger lakes region this is a place not to be missed. Just over 1000 miles round trip think I'll take a day or to and go golfing now. :D
bassman

Postby mikec » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:56 am

Welcome annemade, I'm glad you had such a nice time. It was a day I'll never forget. Also thanks to Bassman for the tip on the glass place. I will check out the next time I go up that way.
mikec

Next

Return to Poco Discussion