band lineup

Discuss the band.

band lineup

Postby sandykins » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:35 pm

hi there fellow fans,my first time here,i have been a fan for decades and was wondering if someone can tell me who's acually in the band now..their comin to denver in a couple of weeks and i'm gonna go even if i have to walk..thank you so much:)
sandykins

Re: band lineup

Postby wheland » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:06 pm

The band lineup is as follows-

Rusty Young - pedal steel, mandolin, guitars, etc (if it has strings rusty can and will play it)and vocals
Paul Cotton - guitars and vocals
Jack Sundrud - guitars (usually bass) and vocals
George Lawrence - drums, percussion background vocals

Welcome to the Poconut house- feel free to ask almost anything and contribute as you like. We're a fairly tolerant bunch here- just keep the topics in the right place.

Dennis
wheland

Postby wheland » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:09 pm

I forgot to add that some shows are done as an Acoustic Trio setup. this means without George Lawrence on drums.

I'm not sure which setup is coming to Denver.

Dennis
wheland

Postby sandykins » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:36 pm

dennis thank you so much for replying to my question....i looked at someones pics on here and recognized Rusty and Paul and am so thrilled so i'm pretty stoked...its at our annual taste of Colorado festival on sept 6...its a free event so ya can't beat that,altho i'd pay anyway:0) thanks again maybe we'll chat some other time,i am planning to take pics so maybe i'll post them...kinda technologically challenged but i'll figure out how to do it...lol...take care
sandykins

Postby Lonesomedave » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:41 pm

Hi sandykins and welcome. I'm sure more members will chime in as they see your post.
When you go to the show be sure to tell the band you're on the site.
This is pretty laid back bunch, for the most part. The political threads get a bit heated now and again.

Hope to see you post often and please put your review of the show on the board.
The line up is a solid one and the band can still amaze.
They did a live concert on the 'net last summer and it was ultra cool. The set was excellent, the band was hitting on all eight and it was fun for those of us who were scattered across the country.
Nice to have you here!
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

Postby waterchaser » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:36 pm

sandykins wrote:dennis thank you so much for replying to my question....i looked at someones pics on here and recognized Rusty and Paul and am so thrilled so i'm pretty stoked...its at our annual taste of Colorado festival on sept 6...its a free event so ya can't beat that,altho i'd pay anyway:0) thanks again maybe we'll chat some other time,i am planning to take pics so maybe i'll post them...kinda technologically challenged but i'll figure out how to do it...lol...take care

Sandy,
Maybe we will meet at the "Taste of Colorado". I have to do some "sposin" to see if I can make it happen.
waterchaser

Postby janpocofan » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:34 pm

Welcome Sandykin!

Another one with that Good Feelin' To Know. Have fun posting!

Janyce :)
janpocofan

Postby kroney » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:59 pm

Welcome sandykins.....I think you will find plenty of friends here....keep posting.....
With courage, strength, faith and hope we will face one day at a time.
kroney

Return to Poco Discussion