Jones Beach Show-Reviews and More

Discuss the band.

Re: Jones Beach Show-Reviews and More

Postby studiogirl » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:49 pm

I sure had fun reading all this...thanks to all of you for posting!

I actually can imagine how the shows have been...so I do know how much you all enjoyed them. I think these collaborative events are great. Let's hope they continue (and more frequently!).

Now I'll check out the videos....
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby guitarbro » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:16 pm

Jim has been posting PIx on Facebook.
guitarbro

Postby Gene » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:39 pm

Was there last night as well, enjoyed seeing George up there again, sure wish Richie had started the show with the boys... Also imo, it might be time to give UTG a rest as the opener and fish another out of their vast but sadly underused catalog of tunes..
Some folks may have thought Poco's sound was good at this gig, I thought it was too bass heavy and the drumming seemed a tad off.. L&M's sound wwas crystal in comparison.. And NOBODY plays like Jim Messina..
Gene

Postby severalpieces » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:50 am

MsUp wrote:
P.S. Special thanks to Rick Alter, for getting me the 3 photo passes, this weekend, I really appreciate your help. These 'big time' venues have strict rules about carrying in 'professional looking' cameras without credentials. Hope I can return the favor someday.

Claudia, I have known you for a long time and know you've got the goods and the talent to take some great pics.
Please share some of your stuff with us!
:) 8-) ;)
Bev!
"Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream..."
severalpieces

Postby MsUp » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:17 am

severalpieces wrote:
MsUp wrote:
P.S. Special thanks to Rick Alter, for getting me the 3 photo passes, this weekend, I really appreciate your help. These 'big time' venues have strict rules about carrying in 'professional looking' cameras without credentials. Hope I can return the favor someday.

Claudia, I have known you for a long time and know you've got the goods and the talent to take some great pics.
Bev!

I would, if I knew how !
MsUp

Postby severalpieces » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:35 am

MsUp wrote:
severalpieces wrote:
MsUp wrote:

Bev!

I would, if I knew how !

It's really quite easy... depending on where you've saved your pics, you can most likely capture as many as you'd like to share into an upload album, save them, and then share as a link.
You got the smarts!
;) :) :D
Bev
!
"Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream..."
severalpieces

Postby Bogeyfire » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:40 am

TonyNYC wrote:
...A good, solid almost great show and it was clear that a lot of folks were happy to see them and like everybody else I could have used another hour. I must be getting a little calloused, but it was the first time I've seen Richie up there with Poco and I didn't get all goose bumped though it was really good to see George...

Hey Tony, I love that your critique is always in depth, but you really should get an Eeyore avatar!
:mrgreen:
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby TonyNYC » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:05 am

Quote from Bogey: Hey Tony, I love that your critique is always in depth, but you really should get an Eeyore avatar!

Good one, you cracked me up and unfortunately you have a point and I keep hoping for the perfect show.

But no, no avatars and no emoticons.

But I do think I wrote more positive things about the show than I think Eeyore ever did in hi slifetime.
TonyNYC

Postby Dar » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:42 am

Bogeyfire wrote:
TonyNYC wrote:
...A good, solid almost great show and it was clear that a lot of folks were happy to see them and like everybody else I could have used another hour. I must be getting a little calloused, but it was the first time I've seen Richie up there with Poco and I didn't get all goose bumped though it was really good to see George...

Hey Tony, I love that your critique is always in depth, but you really should get an Eeyore avatar!
:mrgreen:

i love eeyore
Dar

Postby Dar » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:42 am

claudia,you can send me the pics,please
Dar

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion