JimmyM Impersonator

Discuss the band.

JimmyM Impersonator

Postby guitarbro » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:31 pm

So I was at this fast food joint and saw this JimmyM Impersonator and of course he recognized me as JimmyM's original guitar player and he wanted me to make a guest appearence, but he was so awesome,there was no need for me to jam with him. He has all the JimmyM sounds down to a tee, and didn't need a whammy bar. Very impressive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD-fhaojdZA
guitarbro

Re: JimmyM Impersonator

Postby MartinG » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:59 am

Some should tell him to get rid of that beard if he wants to be serious about this JimmyM impersonation business ! When did you last see Jimmy with a beard ?
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby studiogirl » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:52 pm

MartinG wrote:When did you last see Jimmy with a beard ?

March 2008: Image

This was taken after some of the swelling had subsided. But you can see, he's sporting a beard. I know, it's kinda hard to keep up with Jimmy's constantly changing look -- especially because you live so far away. Did you know that he has an enormous staff of wardrobe and grooming consultants to keep him current with all the latest fashions?

And just this week, tomorrow, actually, he will be at a luxurious resort where he will take in a "trunk show" from a designer so famous I'm not allowed to mention the name. He does this every year at the end of summer...to make sure his fall and winter wardrobes are up to snuff. He does some snuff now and then, too, but that's a topic for another thread. :roll:
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby jimmym » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:04 pm

studiogirl wrote:
MartinG wrote:When did you last see Jimmy with a beard ?

March 2008: Image

This was taken after some of the swelling had subsided. But you can see, he's sporting a beard. I know, it's kinda hard to keep up with Jimmy's constantly changing look -- especially because you live so far away. Did you know that he has an enormous staff of wardrobe and grooming consultants to keep him current with all the latest fashions?

And just this week, tomorrow, actually, he will be at a luxurious resort where he will take in a "trunk show" from a designer so famous I'm not allowed to mention the name. He does this every year at the end of summer...to make sure his fall and winter wardrobes are up to snuff. He does some snuff now and then, too, but that's a topic for another thread. :roll:

WOW!!! I forgot about that picture. I think it was before the Lip-o-suction! I kinda look like a duck...don't I ???

Out of my mind. Back in five minutes
jimmym

Postby studiogirl » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:06 pm

I think the term is "lip-o-flation"....Image
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby aceinoc » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:49 pm

major,

this is another one of those stories...JimmyM is THE MAN. There are no substitutes to for his creative genius. PERIOD! ;-)

thanks keeping us up to speed on the legend that is JimmyM!

:D
'I don't know where we are going, but I'm on my way.'
aceinoc

Postby litlfeat » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:36 pm

This is a true story!
I got out of the hospital at about 1PM today. Last night I was at an AA meeting when suddenly I began to sweat profusely. I had chosen to read the 12 traditions, a normal part of the beginning. Anyway, about half way thru I began to sweat like the pilot in the movie Airplane, remember? My tongue swelled up and so di my LIPS! Folks, this is a real story. My lips were bigger than jimmym's. My only regret was that I don't have a picture to post.

Oh, about the condition. I went to the emergency room after injections of benedryl and epenephren. The swelling did eventually subside. Turns out it was aparently an allergic reaction to the drug Lipinosil (spelling?) which I take for blood pressure.

But man do I wish I had a photo to post...they was some lips I had!!
We are living in the future. I'll tell you how I know. I read it in the paper, 15 years ago.
litlfeat

Postby jimmym » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:53 pm

litlfeat wrote:This is a true story!
I got out of the hospital at about 1PM today. Last night I was at an AA meeting when suddenly I began to sweat profusely. I had chosen to read the 12 traditions, a normal part of the beginning. Anyway, about half way thru I began to sweat like the pilot in the movie Airplane, remember? My tongue swelled up and so di my LIPS! Folks, this is a real story. My lips were bigger than jimmym's. My only regret was that I don't have a picture to post.

Oh, about the condition. I went to the emergency room after injections of benedryl and epenephren. The swelling did eventually subside. Turns out it was aparently an allergic reaction to the drug Lipinosil (spelling?) which I take for blood pressure.

But man do I wish I had a photo to post...they was some lips I had!!

Hey, all kidding aside, I'm glad your O.K. That could have ended badly. You have to be careful when trying new meds! The side effects are sometimes worse than the cure!

Out of my mind. Back in five minutes
jimmym

Postby darrelp » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:30 pm

jimmym wrote:
litlfeat wrote:You have to be careful when trying new meds! The side effects are sometimes worse than the cure!

I hate to bring politics into this, but he is right about new meds. I once had an election that lasted for more than four hours.
darrelp

Postby guitarbro » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:21 am

MartinG wrote:Some should tell him to get rid of that beard if he wants to be serious about this JimmyM impersonation business ! When did you last see Jimmy with a beard ?

Fans forget that JimmyM had a beard during his Maharishi period. He was rarely seen amoung those who attended. He was into picking flowers and singing songs about yoga. There is a lost recording somewhere of His recording with Donovan called
"Backstreet Yoga Blues"
guitarbro

Next

Return to Poco Discussion