Tom catches the Mando!

Discuss the band.

Re: Tom catches the Mando!

Postby tomhampton » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:50 pm

so JonR hipped me to the fact that this thread existed; i've definitely got to start being more cognizant of what goes on over here. :)

thanks, so much to all of you for your kind words.

i loved poco when i was a kid, listening to "indian summer" and "legend" on the headphones on the stereo in my room to avoid waking my kid brother...at that point in my life, it was nothing but my connection with the music - just me, wrapped in my headphones, insulating me from whatever else might have been going on around me.

now, though, to not only have this connection with the music, but to have had so many wonderful people come into my life and form an erstwhile family around it - it's a huge bonus for me to be able to go to (and on occasion, participate in) these shows and know that it's going to have the family reunion element that so many of these shows have for me...it's always a pleasure to know that the poconuts are going to be out in force whenever i wander into this circle, and it's very much a familial comfort - and it hasn't gone unnoticed.

last night at sellersville, the last five people out of the hall were richie and jess, wendy, danny and i - he was very complementary of dans' music and specifically my playing, and you can tell he means it. he stood in the back of the hall after they came back from dinner and listened to the rest of the set...which he certainly didn't have to do. i can tell you from experience that this doesn't happen often.

i would tell you guys how lucky we are to have this kind of access to this band that we love so much, but i think you already know.

and again...thanks so much for your kind words regarding that 12 year old record of mine. :)

see you on the road,

T
tomhampton

Postby Jimohara » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:57 pm

12 Years! Damn where has the time gone!

Tom, I am still flabbergasted that Brand New Distance was not at the very least a #1 country hit. Or that someone has not recorded it and made it a hit. Reminds, so much of AGFTK not being a hit and wondering how could this song not be a hit.

Great song!
Jimohara

Postby jerzeypocofan » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:08 pm

It was great seeing all the Poconuts last weekend...It was like a reunion. Tom Hampton
is one incredible guy...great to see Marc and Sharon again its been awhile...Thanks Jon
for taking the photo of us with Loggins and Messina 8-)
I'm A Wide Open Space Cowboy
I Got Lazy Ways I Got Some Hidden Joy

Fins Up!
jerzeypocofan

Previous

Return to Poco Discussion