Tom catches the Mando!

Discuss the band.

Tom catches the Mando!

Postby marc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:34 am

Don't know how many know this but Tom Hampton played in Cleveland, Ohio on Friday night before driving most of the night to get to the PNC center on Saturday to help the guys out.

I think that Tom's best work on Saturday was catching the mando that Rusty flipped to him early in the show.

Tom, you looked just like Georgie Posada catching a fastball from A.J. Burnett!

It's always great to see you Tom either as the guitar tech or performing your own wonderful music.

Last weekend goes down as one of the best times in my Poco history.

Marc-

ps; its always good to see Dorothy and Charlie Wade
marc

Re: Tom catches the Mando!

Postby wheland » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:05 am

I agree- I get the added treat of seeing Tom play with Dan May as the opener for the RFB at Sellersville this coming Sunday.

I caught them at the Musikfest in Bethlehem totally by accident- I had bought tickets for an Al Stewart show and noticed the Dan May Band was scheduled for earlier in the day.

Got to spend most of the show with Tom's lovely wife Wendy and his soundly sleping son Dan.

Dennis
wheland

Postby jonr » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:35 am

I was very proud of Tom for the great job he did for Poco over the weekend. If anybody new to this board wants to check out some incredible music, go to tomhampton.com, hopefully from there you can order "Our Mutual Angels" or another CD of his. George Grantham once told me that Tom's song "Brand New Distance" should be a #1 country hit.
And btw Marc, what are Georgina and I, chopped liver? :-)
jonr

Postby marc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:50 am

Gee, I'm sorry. Are you and Georgina new to the board? I don't think that I know you.

Marc-
marc

Postby Jimohara » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:04 pm

George Grantham once told me that Tom's song "Brand New Distance" should be a #1 country hit.

I could not agree more. I have over 6000 songs on my Ipod and that song is the #1 song played on my Ipod. Great Song!
Jimohara

Postby jonr » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:04 pm

Marc: "YOU are my biggest fan"
jonr

Postby MsUp » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:46 pm

I'm so glad to see us back to being one big 'love-fest' (perhaps the anniversary of Woodstock has something to do with the renewed feelings of peace). Some here, use to make fun of us for just that, as well as for loving Poco (that's what keeps us all coming back).

Tom Hampton, you're the bomb !
MsUp

Postby Dar » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:30 pm

[sure are
Tom Hampton, you're the bomb ![/quote]
Dar

Postby sunsetkidd » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:03 pm

Bought Tom's 'Our Mutual Angels' today because of the comments made in this thread. Such a good album. Didn't see it at the Idlewheel show at Charlie's last fall; I had picked up Idlewheel and Bickhardt CD's; but I remember thinking how great Tom was, as an instrumentalist and singer; what an outstanding writer he is as well!
I've got the CD on now again; just great! (Do I hear a resemblance to Jim Croce?)
Way more folks need to know how awesome Tom is. He can do it all.
I agree about the song Brand New Distance; but I think the song Ghost Along the Road is even better. But, no weak tracks on this at all, IMO.

Tom's site is down for the time being but I found this site a good one, for info:
http://www.itsaboutmusic.com/tomhampton.html

Thanks for the heads up, Poconuts. Thanks for the music, Tom, and for helping Poco take care of business last Saturday at PNC.
"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."
- Bogart
sunsetkidd

Postby Jim_in_Arkansas » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:26 am

I downloaded "Our Mutual Angels" from itunes. Very nice album!
Jim_in_Arkansas

Next

Return to Poco Discussion