Postby _TM_ » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:47 pm

21 games back and two Championships in 3 years
What's going on in baseball ?????
_TM_

Re: BASEBALL

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:50 am

Deleted by the Doctor.

Dr. G
Last edited by DrMichaelGalvin on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake." Ernest Hemingway
DrMichaelGalvin

Postby Cardinals » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:56 am

Cardinals are back in first.
Red Sox are kicking butt.
Who would have thought the Pirates would be hanging around first place this time of year ?
“I’m from the government, and I’m here to help.” Ronald Reagan called those “the nine most terrifying words in the English language” -- and with good reason.
Cardinals

Postby RedRiverPatrol » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:03 am

Cardinals wrote:Who would have thought the Pirates would be hanging around first place this time of year ?

A lot of us figured they couldn't "take the apple" 3 years in a row. The division will be decided by who can sustain winning each series this month. As a native Pittsburgher all I can say is, "Beat 'em Bucs!"
Dave

Its not the bridges burned that bother me, but the ones that I never crossed. - Look At Me Look At You - Terry Kirkman
RedRiverPatrol

Postby bocanut » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:16 am

no, I am serious. Legal drugs are OK.

And for that matter, when is our generation going to get real and legalize POT. Tax it and regulate it. Too many criminals making money when all taxpayers could benefit from the tax revenue.

Baseball has never really tried to stop PEDS. The Yankees helped with the investigation into AROD. They don't wan to pay him for 4 more years. If he was still good, the Yankees would have no problem with his cheating.
bocanut

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:58 pm

Also deleted by the Doctor.

Dr. G
Last edited by DrMichaelGalvin on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
" I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake." Ernest Hemingway
DrMichaelGalvin

Postby bocanut » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:52 pm

There are risks involved in taking any drugs. However, the evidence that either of those guys died form PEDS is very shaky. Perhaps if the players were under better medical supervision, there would be even less risk.

Are we going to give back all the world series championships were PEDS were involved? There would be no winners for 20 plus years.

Why doesn't anyone care when football players use PEDS? Just baseball.

I am a Red Sox fan. In 2004, the Sox victory was aided by PEDS. I enjoyed every minute of the games that I watched in St. Louis.

No corked bats, but, I am certain that players have corked bats and sometimes they get caught and sometimes they do not. Pitchers cheat all the time. G. Perry is in the hall of fame based upon a career of spitballs. It is the nature of the beast. People try and get an edge when they can. Whitey Ford was a notorious cutter of baseballs.

If everyone was able to use PEDS, the field would be leveled. By the way, the MLB standard for testosterone is WAY above that of an average male. They are allowed to cheat, but, only up to a certain level.
bocanut

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:54 pm

Once again deleted by the Doctor.

Dr. G
Last edited by DrMichaelGalvin on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DrMichaelGalvin

Postby brinash » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:45 am

Dr. Michael Galvin wrote: "Maybe I'm just naïve or optimistic (although I doubt it as I'm such a cynic) and maybe it will never happen but I would prefer a clean sport." The naivety here is in assuming you've had a "clean" sport with baseball in your lifetime. You appear from your picture to be about my age (sixty-four), so I'm assuming you grew up with Mickey Mantle and Willie Mays as icons. Are you aware they regularly used amphetamines (or, in Mays' case, a liquid concoction termed "red juice" he kept in his locker)? This was from the sworn testimony--in a federal courtroom during a trial--from John Milner in 1975. Ready Jim Bouton's book and you'll find that amphetamines were used regularly by the Yankees to help players "rebound" from late nights. If you don't think 1) these were illegal drugs and 2) they did indeed help improve performance, then you are in denial. Game's never been "clean," and cheaters like Brett Butler and Gaylord Perry have always been held in high esteem.
brinash

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:24 pm

Not worth arguing about. I did read Ball Four.

Dr. G
DrMichaelGalvin

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion