Great show at Stage One last night RFB

Discuss the band.

Great show at Stage One last night RFB

Postby mikec » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:28 pm

What a show! Opened up with Crazy Eyes. The band played straight through with no breaks. It was nice meeting John and Sue although it was brief. Had a chance to catch up with Mark Gould. Met Mark another Poconut. Richie's daughter Jess was also very nice. I spoke with her about her new CD coming out and she told me it should be out by the end of the year. Thanks to Richie and his band for a great night of music.
mikec

Re: Great show at Stage One last night RFB

Postby MsUp » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:36 pm

Thanks, Mike, sorry I had to miss this show.
MsUp

Postby mikec » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:40 pm

Hi MsUp, It sounded like you had a bunch of shows in a row. It was a fun time. What are we going to do now. I got PPL coming up in a couple of weeks though.
mikec

Postby MsUp » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:34 pm

mikec wrote:Hi MsUp, It sounded like you had a bunch of shows in a row. It was a fun time. What are we going to do now. I got PPL coming up in a couple of weeks though.

Well, some of us have Wildwood to look foward to (10/2 - 10/3).
I have no compaints, I've seen 23 shows, in 12 states, this year (this doesn't include The Paul Cotton Band, or The Richie Furay Band). It never gets old or stale, for me. Don't feel bad, if you are not able to attend as many events, just do what you can to see Poco when they come around.
MsUp

Postby Mark » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:41 pm

Good seeing you, too, Mike. "Judge Jack" and "Judge Barbara" were in attendance, too, so the Connecticut Judiciary was well represented to see and hear Richie. It never ceases to amaze me how wonderful he looks and sounds. The only thing that would have made the night complete would have been if Dennis from Brooklyn could have made it. Next time, buddy, We miss ya!!
Mark

Postby Dar » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:48 pm

sounds great,seeing richie tomorrow nite,cant wait
Dar

Postby volpi » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:02 pm

It was nice meeting you too Mike. Great shirt by the way. Keep in touch, we are practically neighbors. It's nice to have a Poco/ Richie Furay fan so close. Our door is always open to Poconuts.
John and Sue
volpi

Postby mikec » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:48 pm

Hi John and Sue, I sent you a message off board did you get it. I love my T-shrt signed by the band. What a good time me and my buddy had at the show. Thanks for the nice message.

Hi MsUp, I'm not sad just maybe a little jealous. I need to learn your secret. How can you get to so many shows. I did have a great time this year and it's not over. I've been out of work since last October and still holding my own. I did get to see Poco twice and Richie and his band once. I will try my hardest to help support Poco until the day I die. Their music brings me a lot of joy. I am starting to convert my wife who had not really heard of the band until we got married in 07.
mikec

Postby mikec » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:51 pm

Forgot MsUp, The push is on for vacation next year for Wildwood. That sounds like an absolute blast. Have you been there before?
mikec

Postby pupilm » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:42 am

Well, I got to live one of my dreams on Friday night. ….Front row/ center for Richie’s concert and hearing Crazy Eyes live. My early arrival in Fairfield gave me time to take in some of the sound check, have bite to eat with a dear friend, and make some new acquaintances before the show. But when the band broke in to the first few measures with those undeniable percussion beats, I knew I was about to embark on a ten minute joy ride. Richie and Jesse’s harmonies were soaring and with Scott’s amazing playing, Crazy Eyes set the tone for the whole night. At one time during the show Richie said that he hoped not only to recapture some of those songs, as we remembered them, but to do them well. I think all would agree that they succeeded on both counts. I thought the vocals were superb and the band was even tighter than I remember from last year’s show.
It was nice to meet MikeC and his friend Bill (thankfully Bill was wrong about my total collapse…), Marc and Sharon, John and Sue, Bev and the “Judges”. I Didn’t get a chance to introduce myself to Keith and Linda. Hopefully, next time. Good also to see JonR, and of course my good buddy Mark G. Hope I didn't omit anyone.
Thanks Richie and Poco for always coming back to Connecticut.

Mark
pupilm

Return to Poco Discussion