Richie Furay Crazy Eyes

Discuss the band.

Re: Richie Furay Crazy Eyes

Postby AlexInRI » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:19 pm

Bonnie wrote:WOW! (That's all I can say)

I am going to see him tonight at Sellersville. I should be getting ready right now. I feel like I'm cheating, watching the video ahead of time. I have been looking forward to hearing it ever since Richie started talking about putting it in their live set. It is awesome! Thanks for recording and posting it, Alex!

Oh, my bad. If any of you are going tonight, don't look at this video. You deserve to hear it for the first time live.
AlexInRI

Postby duffyb » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:02 pm

Oh yeah! Thanks for the HD video!
duffyb

Postby severalpieces » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:12 pm

AlexInRI wrote:I got this last night at Richie's Show. What a way to start a concert. Great show-but this was the high point. How could it not be? You got to see this in person if you can. Music quality of the video is great, video not so good. I was stuck behind some tables so I had to shoot between shoulders. 10 and one half minutes of amazing music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qofbSFqjuaQ

Thank you for taking and sharing the video! I just love, love, love that song!
Bev!
"Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream..."
severalpieces

Postby cimarron » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:36 pm

Hi Alex,

According to Richie it takes a long time for Scott to set up all the instruments tht he needs to play for Crazy Eyes so it is easier to have everything ready. If there is an intermission they will open the second set with it. At Wildwood it was the encore and it took so long to set up that Richie ran out of things to say. He turned to Jesse and asked her to say something so she wished her dad a happy birthday and had us all sing.I agree to the casual fan...they don't have a clue as to how special it is to hear the band sing that song,whether it is first, last or in the middle of the show. They also don't know how much time and effort went into getting ready to put the song in the set. Richie said that it took him about 2 years to agree to try it after Scott suggested doing Crazy Eyes.
Linda
cimarron

Postby hzryb » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:38 pm

I was disappointed that I couldn't make it to the RFB show in Jersey last week... I was listening to Crazy Eyes on the way home from the beach today. It must have sounded amazing live!
hzryb

Postby kroney » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:05 pm

Thanks to Scott for getting Richie to take on the task of bringing this classic out for our enjoyment...That was flawless...As far as I'm concerned hearing it live would be worth the price of admission....(perhaps someday).....And thank you Alex for sharing this and doing such a fine job recording it. (just in case someday never comes for me)......
With courage, strength, faith and hope we will face one day at a time.
kroney

Postby volpi » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:32 pm

Alex, Just like they did it in Fairfield Ct. on friday. What a song and what a performance! They opened the show with it and they never lost the energy the whole
night. Thanks for making this.
John and Sue
volpi

Postby Straycat » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:50 pm

Thanks Alex!

I've been hoping that somebody would tape this since they first added it to the playlist.

Great job!!
Life is too short to listen to sh!tty music
Straycat

Postby wheland » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:25 am

I got to hear Crazy Eyes last night in Sellersville and it was done just wonderfully.

I still think that in a perfect world- one where the Richie Furay Band had the kind of on stage support they deserve- it would be better to do the song later in the set. I like Tony's idea as a closer to a first set- or if there is only one set it should be mid-set and allow a buildup to the song.

I understand Jon R's comparison to a lead of home run- but by Ryan Howard not Derek Jeter- but I liken playing Crazy Eyes to being "the pulling a rabbit out of your hat" moment in a concert and that shouldn't come in the opening minute of the show.

Bottom line- given the reality of things Crazy Eyes needs to be at the beginning because that's the way it works best for the band. I just hope they put out a ep with a live version and a studio version of the song- and I mentione dthat to several mebers of the band last night.

It's a no-brainer- I think just about any fan of Poco or Richie would want to have one especially since it's hard to get to one of the few shows the RFB does each year.

Dennis
wheland

Postby Dar » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:40 am

was a great show,i am just glad i got to go and see them last nite! awesome,hope to see them again soon.... nice seeing you and all the nuts,sorry i missed esther
Dar

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion