Pocofest anniversary

Discuss the band.

Pocofest anniversary

Postby Di from DownUnder » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:05 am

I can't believe it's 8 years since the first Pocofest when I got my first (and only) opportunity to see Poco. I made it to 2 of the 3 shows and the Paul Cotton Band kicked off the event. It was an amazing weekend and hope to do it again - sooner rather than later.

Di
Di from DownUnder

Re: Pocofest anniversary

Postby wheland » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:18 am

Di,

I missed that one but did get to the one in CA in 2003. I've heard the shows from the first pocofest and enjoyed them.

I've yet to see Paul do a solo/ band show but we can only hope that he will do something in the future like that. He's done a couple of shows in FL and on the cruise so we can always hope.

You are always welcome at 30 Brockton Rd if you find yourself in NJ at some point.

Dennis
wheland

Postby notTHEpc » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:01 pm

Di,

Hello from another fan in attendance. How are you and Chris? That was an incredible time. Hard to believe that we all flew home safely less than 2 weeks before 9/11.

What ever happened to our host Chip Ryle? We stayed in touch awhile and then drifted apart.

Paul Crawford
Marshalltown Iowa
USA
pctunes67@msn.com
notTHEpc

Postby AlexInRI » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:49 pm

From what is this Pocofest that of which you speak? Details for the uninformed?
AlexInRI

Postby MsUp » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:18 pm

Hey, great idea. Full day event (east coast, west coast, etc).
Poco are the headliners, The Paul Cotton Band, Idlewheel, The Richie Furay Band, etc.
MsUp

Postby wheland » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:34 pm

AlexInRI wrote:From what is this Pocofest that of which you speak? Details for the uninformed?

It was a series of shows put on in Idaho and Washington on 8-32 and 9-1&2-01.

It was one night in St. Marie's , Idaho one night in Moses Lake, WA and one night in spokane, WA.

There was also a show done by the Paul Cotton Band- which included Paul's son on drums and John thaler playing bass (I believe) and a fourth person whose name escapes me.

I came very close to going but couldn't find a reasonable flight at the last minute.

I did get to what some called Pocofest in CA in July 2003. that included Chris Hillman & Herb Pedersen , Richie & Scott Sellen opening and Richie sitting in with Poco for part of the set.

One show was at the Orange County Fair then the next night at the Canyon Club followed by a show the third night at Humphrey's in San Diego. We had people there from the UK, a number of us from the East Coast and even one fan who flew in from Japan for the weekend.

It was a hard to forget trip for me personally- the music and time spent with new and old friends was special but the part that made it most memorable for me was the heart attack I had while stranded in Detroit due to bad weather. :o

Dennis
wheland

Postby severalpieces » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:31 pm

Di from DownUnder wrote:I can't believe it's 8 years since the first Pocofest when I got my first (and only) opportunity to see Poco. I made it to 2 of the 3 shows and the Paul Cotton Band kicked off the event. It was an amazing weekend and hope to do it again - sooner rather than later.

Di

Hey Di... long time gone!
Nice to see you (your words) here !
Beverlee!
:D ;)
"Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream..."
severalpieces

Postby Di from DownUnder » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:26 am

It was one night in St. Marie's , Idaho one night in Moses Lake, WA and one night in spokane, WA.

Dennis

Richie sat in for the Friday night show, which was a rarity back then, and a real treat for my first ever Poco concert. We missed the Spokane show bec we had to fly back home that night.
Last edited by Di from DownUnder on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Di from DownUnder

Postby Di from DownUnder » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:31 am

Hey Di... long time gone!
Nice to see you (your words) here !
Beverlee!
:D ;)

Thanks Bev! I do a bit of lurking here - don't have much to contribute generally.
Di from DownUnder

Postby wheland » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:24 am

Di from DownUnder wrote:

Dennis

Richie sat in for the Friday night show, which was a rarity back then, and a real treat for my first ever Poco concert. We missed the Spokane show bec we had to fly back home that night.

Di,

I thought I remembered that richie was at at least one of the shows. I couldn't easily find my boots of the shows and the Deliverin' site made no mention so i opted to not as well.

Dennis
wheland

Return to Poco Discussion