No more politics on the band link

Discuss the band.

Re: No more politics on the band link

Postby TonyNYC » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:27 pm

Got to stick with my name sake, Tony STL, and and say I don't think you should be giving yourself such a hard time, Annie.

If your thread should have been on the other side-and I'm not really sure where it belonged-you moved it and apologized. Good enough, all better...no?
TonyNYC

Postby Lonesomedave » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:29 pm

TonySTL wrote:Annie, We don't like nice folks to go into their shells around here.

Don't sweat it.

I agree. I see the point but don't go walking on egg shells for one thread. Anyone who has been on this site for any length of time has seen much, much worse.

You did the right thing and it was moved. Cool. Drive on. You're okay.
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

Postby severalpieces » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:51 pm

[quote="studiogirl

A blonde woman was speeding down the road in her little red sports car and was pulled over by a woman police officer who was also a blonde.

The blonde cop asked to see the blonde driver's license. She dug through her purse and was getting progressively more agitated.

'What does it look like?' she finally asked.

The policewoman replied, 'It's square and it has your picture on it.'

The driver finally found a square mirror in her purse, looked at it and handed it to the policewoman. 'Here it is,' she said.

The blonde officer looked at the mirror, then handed it back saying, 'OK, you can go. I didn't realize you were a cop.
[/quote][/quote]

HA !!!
Excellent ! I think I have that cop's pic in my purse, too ! And, I'm not blonde at all ... heck.... I'm the next # of the color bottle I buy ! ;o)
"Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream..."
severalpieces

Postby pocoman54 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:21 pm

Has anyone heard Rusty's cannibal joke? It's probably been around 4ever!!!
Pocoin' In Lima, NY
Danny
pocoman54

Postby severalpieces » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:18 am

Ahhh, well, some people have issues....
others have full subscriptions !

Let's all just be looking forward to tomorrow ...
God willing!

peace and pie !! (that's for you, Dan and your friend Steve!)
BEV !!
Last edited by severalpieces on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream..."
severalpieces

Postby svin » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:21 am

As most know, I have been one of the more vocal here against the political discussion.
My objection has always been the behavior of a few of the participants.
I was happy to see this thread shunted to it's own private island, and had hoped that it would stay confined to that place, along with those who play there.
Alas, it has escaped through an innocent act, and now pollutes the main board.
In addition, one of the nimrods who routinely parades his ignorance and fanaticism felt compelled to post some nonsense in order that we may see the crackbrain website links that are part of his signature.
The good part of this is that this too will pass.
Courage Wolf sez...
svin

Postby Jimohara » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:20 am

I am feeling unloved! :(
Jimohara

Postby mikec » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:33 am

Hi Annie, We have never met but I just thought I would say hi and to let you know that I didn't even notice the post and I have been on this board since it started back on the old site. MsUp and I and a few others spoke about Ted Kennedy on here and never heard a word. I received a message from someone on this board that I did not understand or want to understand about calling the band the guy's. Last time I checked there were no women in the band. Some people are born to sweat the small stuff. The 99.9 % of people on this site do not. Don't worry about it.
mikec

Postby duffyb » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:00 am

svin wrote:As most know, I have been one of the more vocal here against the political discussion.
My objection has always been the behavior of a few of the participants.
I was happy to see this thread shunted to it's own private island, and had hoped that it would stay confined to that place, along with those who play there.
Alas, it has escaped through an innocent act, and now pollutes the main board.
In addition, one of the nimrods who routinely parades his ignorance and fanaticism felt compelled to post some nonsense in order that we may see the crackbrain website links that are part of his signature.
The good part of this is that this too will pass.

You talking about me?....YOU TALKING 'BOUT MEEE??? Lol. Ah Svin, way to take yet another opportunity for a cheap shot. Yeah, I'm pro health care-what a 'fanatic!' How 'ignorant.' Lol!

Truth be told, My post was edited because for some reason, the delete button did not appear as an option as it sometimes does in threads on this new site.
duffyb

Postby MsUp » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:37 am

CurlyQfromLI wrote:Time to go back into my shell....

Please don't do that, Annie. It would make some of us very unhappy, if you went back into your shell. STRUT YOUR STUFF, GIRLY (i mean Curly).
MsUp

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion