No more politics on the band link

Discuss the band.

Re: No more politics on the band link

Postby MsUp » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:42 am

mikec wrote:Hi Annie, We have never met but I just thought I would say hi and to let you know that I didn't even notice the post and I have been on this board since it started back on the old site. MsUp and I and a few others spoke about Ted Kennedy on here and never heard a word. I received a message from someone on this board that I did not understand or want to understand about calling the band the guy's. Last time I checked there were no women in the band. Some people are born to sweat the small stuff. The 99.9 % of people on this site do not. Don't worry about it.

What he said !

P.S. I've gotten some very odd messages, thru this site (actually the old site), sometimes I ignored them, sometimes I started swingin' (and I ain't whistlin' dixie).
MsUp

Postby MsUp » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:50 am

TonySTL wrote:Annie, We don't like nice folks to go into their shells around here. We'll just come in after you! Some folks are just a little more sensitive about these types of things because of past flame throwing incidents. IMO, I didn't see a need for this thread as it was already addressed in your original thread.

Don't sweat it.

I'm so glad that darrelp has brought out the best in us. Thanks, darrel.
Although darrelp is right, in his suggestion that anything political now has a proper place, it shouldn'd be taken as a personal attack. Please don't stay away, Annie.
MsUp

Postby litlfeat » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:44 am

CurlyQfromLI wrote:Thanks for the advice, Carolyn..all done...but it will be awhile now for me...Unfortunately, my guard is up.

Annie

Hi Annie!
I ran into this type of thing in another community/forum. The discussion was baseball and I apparently really ticked off a guy who obviously didn't agree. He was passionate about his opinion, but he turned it into a personal attack, which is when I responded in kind and vowed never to return, which to date, I haven't.
I have found this community to be mostly an extremely great bunch of folks, with the occasional rambunctious member getting just a tad carried away. But I believe we all mean well. The typed word is very often a difficult way to state an opinion. No facial expressions (a smile), no body language, etc. I have come on too strong myself, and when that has happened, I try to apologize in some manner.
Please don't leave us...you will find far more joy here than sorrow!! I personally guarantee that, becuase that has been my experience for over 2 years.
Bob
We are living in the future. I'll tell you how I know. I read it in the paper, 15 years ago.
litlfeat

Postby BLUESDUDE » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:34 am

litlfeat wrote:
CurlyQfromLI wrote:Thanks for the advice, Carolyn..all done...but it will be awhile now for me...Unfortunately, my guard is up.

Annie

Hi Annie!
I ran into this type of thing in another community/forum. The discussion was baseball and I apparently really ticked off a guy who obviously didn't agree. He was passionate about his opinion, but he turned it into a personal attack, which is when I responded in kind and vowed never to return, which to date, I haven't.
I have found this community to be mostly an extremely great bunch of folks, with the occasional rambunctious member getting just a tad carried away. But I believe we all mean well. The typed word is very often a difficult way to state an opinion. No facial expressions (a smile), no body language, etc. I have come on too strong myself, and when that has happened, I try to apologize in some manner.
Please don't leave us...you will find far more joy here than sorrow!! I personally guarantee that, becuase that has been my experience for over 2 years.
Bob

Well said FEATS! 8-)
BLUESDUDE

Previous

Return to Poco Discussion