Any new Poco material coming out?

Discuss the band.

Any new Poco material coming out?

Postby mikec » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:54 am

Who decides for the band what material to release? I would love to see the Bethel Woods show come out on DVD. The Maverick Saloon show too. I'm pretty sure both were taped. I wonder if we did a pre-buy list the band would put out some more DVD material. Maybe Rick could answer this question.
mikec

Re: Any new Poco material coming out?

Postby mikec » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:09 am

No posts at all on this topic. You guy's are slipping.
mikec

Postby sunsetkidd » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:40 am

Most Poconuts drool over the thought of some new Poco, live or studio, and not just because many are getting old and losing control of bodily functions.:P

Unfortunately though, it just doesn't seem to be a priority. There was credible rumor of the great Wildwood reunion shows last year being released (much was made over the fact that it was recorded) but that fell by the wayside. I don't know anything more than what's posted here, and some other poconuts have far more insider info, but there has been absolutely nothing even hinted at, as far as a new, official Poco project anytime soon. If anybody else knows something more, I'd love to hear it.
It's sad to think that as much as the band still plays together, tweaks its performances, inviting cherished alumni to perform to grateful, enthusiastic audiences, that we may never again have a new (official, not fan-made) Poco recording.
"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."
- Bogart
sunsetkidd

Postby MsUp » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:02 am

Hope springs eternal.
MsUp

Postby Dar » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:18 am

hope new cd with new stuff also
Dar

Postby rfa77 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:32 am

When hell freezes over...
The trouble with the world is not that people know too little, but that they know so many things that ain't so.
Mark Twain
rfa77

Postby swandy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:52 pm

rfa77 wrote:When hell freezes over...

Now where have I heard THAT before??????? ;)
Steve
swandy

Postby cottonfan » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:09 pm

No, NO, and triple NO<NO<NO........................leaves us in usual position of wanting more and getting nothing....where is Rusty's book? A DVD with Timothy, Richie, George G, and Jimmy and all the rest ...NO. Question shouldn't even be asked again folks...sorry , but I love Poco and dislike the lack of PR. BUT I won't miss another show that I can get to with reasonable costs of travel, tix, etc. A great summer but disappointing at same time
cottonfan

Postby mikec » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:07 am

Getting nothing? I think the band has come out with really good stuff in the last few years. Think positive and things will happen. I just wanted to put out a wish list for the band. I found nothing disappointing this year. I went to and had one of the best day's of my life at Bethel Woods. It was a day I will never forget.
Last edited by mikec on Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikec

Postby Naomipocofan » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:08 pm

I would guess that the next Poco item to come out will be Rusty's new book!
We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box. ~Robert Fulghum
Naomipocofan

Return to Poco Discussion