Summer sizzlers

Discuss the band.

Summer sizzlers

Postby RedDirtRog » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:45 am

Well it's hard to believe the weather here in UK land, well into the second week of dry sunny and hot (yes I said HOT) weather, summer is really sizzling, such a wonderful change compared to the last few summer washouts, mind you keeping the plants watered and growing is a bit of a pain, but one mustn't complain.

Anyway been awhile since I posted any music on here, and there's a couple of albums that have been keeping my turntable (cd player that is) sizzling, the first being Karen Hudson's new one Sonic Bloom (great title considering the weather ) which is a really fine offering of California Country rock. Kicking out some rock, making room for roots she begins on the excellent opener Late Bloomer, but the standout track for me just has to be Mamma was a Trainwreck, one of the best songs I've ever heard by a female artist with it's snarling lead guitar and frantic pounding chug-along drum beat. Wonderful stuff, if you're into the likes of Linda Ronstadt, Karla Bonoff or Rosanne Cash, then this is well worth checking out. Excellent musicianship throughout with some great lead guitar by Eric Roscoe Ambel who also produces.
http://www.karenhudson.com/fr_karenhudson.cfm

The second album being one of the best albums I've bought since Emory Quinn's Road Company, it being the new one from Mando Saenz "Studabaker", one heck of a fine album, Hard Time Tennessee and The Road I'm on, are two of the best country rockers I've heard in awhile and the meaner more moody Colorado, being the standout tracks for me, but this is an excellent album throughout.
http://mandosaenzmusic.com/music/

Cheers
Rog.
Well the music pours out on the street
Just as clean and cool as a cotton sheet

Country Rock, it's timeless
it's song will never ever age
Country Rock, it's in my bones
and they'll be singing along in my grave
RedDirtRog

Return to Poco Discussion