Sharon Shannon, Dublin, Ireland

Discuss the band.

Re: Dublin Music

Postby Patm » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Jiff wrote:My wife and I got back from a trip to London, Dublin and Boston a couple weeks ago. Primarily Dublin for Irish music.
Link to my trip report at Seattle Music & More with a link to photos:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/mtheads/london-dublin-boston-june-2018-t2489.html

Jiff, I did a double-take when I saw the name Sharon Shannon as a topic, then a second one when I saw it was my old post. Sounds like you had a very enjoyable trip, and your pictures are great. I especially enjoyed the shots around my old hometown of Boston. Fenway is timeless. The exterior shot of the "Cheers" bar brought a smile. Its original incarnation was the "Bull & Finch Pub", a favorite watering hole back in the day. I see you also discovered The Black Rose. That became my second home when it first opened in 76. Amazing that is still around, still offers live music, and keeps a steady clientele.

BTW, have you seen or listened to The High Kings? Poco like harmony's and they're really brought life back to the old classics. Caught them at a feis in Dallas last year. Excellent live show.
"Don't Stop The Carnival." (You've got to play by Kinja rules.)
Patm

Boston visit

Postby Jiff » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:22 pm

Patm - We really enjoyed Boston, mostly the history. We should have gone into "Cheers".

Nope, haven't heard of The High Kings. Thanks.

I thought Poconuts might be interested in the music aspects of our trip, but didn't think a new thread was appropriate. Figured a thread with Dublin in the title was sort of related.
Jiff

Previous

Return to Poco Discussion