Here, There and Everywhere...today!

Discuss the band.

Re: Here, There and Everywhere...today!

Postby guitarbro » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:02 am

thatguybackthere wrote:
studiogirl wrote:Well, I probably don't need to start a whole thread...but I am having SUCH A GREAT time listening to the Beatles on the radio today. (TonyNYC and you others...it'll be over soon...you'll survive.) I NEVER listen to our local classic radio station, but today they are great because they're playing tons of Beatles, interspersed with the occasional tune from another British Invasion band. It's kind of like a time machine. And it's a whole lot more fun to have it all day long instead of just a couple of hours on Sunday morning for "Breakfast with the Beatles".

Be glad you don't live next door...because I will be singing ALL DAY...and all the windows are open
. :lol:

-
i really like it when studiogirl sings with the windows open!!

PERVERT!!!
guitarbro

Postby severalpieces » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:29 am

Ahhhhh.....
When you see beyond yourself then you will find peace of mind is waiting there.....
Got it !!!! Get it!!!
Thank you, Swami George!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNLFq6Rh ... re=related

Sweet dreams !
Bev!
"Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream..."
severalpieces

Postby Patm » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:39 am

TonyNYC wrote:Thanks for thinking of me Carolyn, but I never really thought I'd have to get sick and tired of The Beatles a whole second time. I thought they were like the mumps or measles and I could only catch it once.

How many times can one band be over hyped...

Tony, I was talking to Bruce last night and he is quite upset about your comments. He felt that if you were astute enough to appreciate him from his first "Greetings From Asbury Park" album, how could you also not appreciate the Beatles? Bruce started to question his own talent remarking that if you could be so wrong about the Beatles, perhaps you were also wrong about him. It took several hours but I finally convinced Bruce he should not think about retiring based on your comments.

I thought that was the end of it until Brian called, wondering the same thing.
"Don't Stop The Carnival." (You've got to play by Kinja rules.)
Patm

Postby TonyNYC » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:25 am

[quote="Patm"

Tony, I was talking to Bruce last night and he is quite upset about your comments. He felt that if you were astute enough to appreciate him from his first "Greetings From Asbury Park" album, how could you also not appreciate the Beatles? Bruce started to question his own talent remarking that if you could be so wrong about the Beatles, perhaps you were also wrong about him. It took several hours but I finally convinced Bruce he should not think about retiring based on your comments.

I thought that was the end of it until Brian called, wondering the same thing.[/quote]

Good one Pat...But luckily, no calls from those ABBA folks. Even they know I'm correct about thinking they are no good...why they're even worse than the Beatles
TonyNYC

Postby litlfeat » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:49 am

Patm wrote:
TonyNYC wrote:Thanks for thinking of me Carolyn, but I never really thought I'd have to get sick and tired of The Beatles a whole second time. I thought they were like the mumps or measles and I could only catch it once.

How many times can one band be over hyped...

I can possibly see that musically and lyrically they were a LITTLE overhyped, especially today with so much great music having passed by in the last 40 years. I think the point is their impact and influence has been far more reaching than many of their songs. Please don't get me wrong, they have a catalog of beautifally timeless songs. I just think you have to consider the total package of the Beatles, and the times. Could they have done this today? Highly doubtful. Rock-n-roll was bearly breathing when they "arrived", and they gave it an injection of freshness that revived interest in the genre and changed the face of popular music forever.
OK, Tony, I'm sure you've heard these arguments before, so I'll shut up. Most of the time I agree with your musical opinions, and that's why I keep coming back to this forum...the discussions and opinions of everyone here!!! Peace, Love and all that stuff
We are living in the future. I'll tell you how I know. I read it in the paper, 15 years ago.
litlfeat

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:06 am

Ah Tony, ya know I love ya. I'm just obligated, as a life long Red Sox fan, to talk smack about the Yankees. But I am right about The Beatles.

Professor G.
" I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake." Ernest Hemingway
DrMichaelGalvin

Postby TonyNYC » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:43 am

DrMichaelGalvin wrote:Ah Tony, ya know I love ya. I'm just obligated, as a life long Red Sox fan, to talk smack about the Yankees. But I am right about The Beatles.

Professor G.

I know, I know Professor G and until the Yankees win everything again or at least go further than the Red Sox, I have to keep quiet when it comes to the Yankees-Red Sox and continue to root for anyone who ever plays the Red Sox.

As for the Beatles, I recognize all that they've done and meant, I just don't love any of them or their music madly. I respect them completely, though grudgingly.
TonyNYC

Postby Patm » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:25 pm

TonyNYC wrote:[...But luckily, no calls from those ABBA folks. Even they know I'm correct about thinking they are no good...why they're even worse than the Beatles

Mamma Mia! There you go again!

Actually, Bjorn and Benny also upset about your Beatles remarks but could not get through. Brian Wilson tied up my phone until the wee hours discussing your post.
"Don't Stop The Carnival." (You've got to play by Kinja rules.)
Patm

Postby woogie » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:56 pm

DrMichaelGalvin wrote:Tony can't help it. He's a Yankees fan.
Woogie, you probably think soccer is football.

Professor G

Well Doc football or soccer, I dont like that either.Anyone who gets paid about $200,000
a week for kicking a ball around is getting away with highway robbery.That's what some of them get paid and it's obscene.
woogie

Postby studiogirl » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:57 pm

Patm wrote:Mamma Mia! There you go again!

Actually, Bjorn and Benny also upset about your Beatles remarks but could not get through. Brian Wilson tied up my phone until the wee hours discussing your post.

The call I'm worried about...if it gets through...is MJ, wondering about HIS royalties... Image

"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion