New CD

Discuss the band.

New CD

Postby TLINK » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:01 pm

I know this one has probably come up before but here goes. Is there a possibility Poco will be releasing a new CD soon including Rusty's new dobro tune?
TLINK

Re: New CD

Postby MartinG » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:36 am

Well I think it's so unlikely that a few weeks ago I promised on this Board to eat my hat if there was a new Poco CD in the next 12 months !!

We'd all like one, but it just doesn't seem to be a priority with the guys. :(

You do know that Rusty is writing a book ? :?
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse ? Bruce Springsteen
MartinG

Postby TonySTL » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:45 pm

TLINK wrote:I know this one has probably come up before but here goes. Is there a possibility Poco will be releasing a new CD soon including Rusty's new dobro tune?

I assume the new dobro song you mention is A Little Rain Don't Bother Me. I love that song live but wonder what a studio recording of that song could sound like!?? George, brush up on your washboard! Seriously, that has become a favorite.

Now, Rusty, don't feel obligated to pay me or anything for this, but I have some titles for the new studio release:

Saddle Soar
Putting back the Pieces
HairBack?
Lightning Bothers Me.
Great Plains, Trains and PocoNuts.
DJ in a Green Dress
No More Grapes!
Two Sides, Not Live!
Hey, We All Found the Studio!
New Tricks

You may want to stick with JonR for the cover art. The PocoMutt and i are a bit abstract for most tastes!
TonySTL

Postby Bogeyfire » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:34 pm

There is nothing wrong with a little wishful thinking, even if it is doubtful. I'd even be up for some more solo projects. That is probably more likely, but I haven't heard any discussion about ANYTHING!

Anyway, its always nice that members of the band and friends of the band seem to show up on the solo projects. With the reunions of late, I'm glad the friendships are as sound as ever!
:D
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Return to Poco Discussion