Concert at West Virginia University

Discuss the band.

Concert at West Virginia University

Postby BlueGoldandGray » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:01 am

I can't believe how fortunate we are to have Poco and Pure Prairie League coming to Morgantown. I have been listening to Poco for about the last 20 years (which is not too bad when you consider I just turned 27 today.) "Crazy Love" was on a Hannah-Barbara "Country-Rock" VHS with a bunch of animated music videos. That's where I first heard "Two Lane Highway" by PPL. I had heard Poco on the radio but did not know who they were. I quickly became a loyal fan. My uncle gave me a copy of a Greatest Hits with about 20 Poco songs, and from there I went for the rest. My iPod stays full of Poco. My two favorite albums are probably "Blue and Gray" and "Legend" (but honestly, who doesn't like legend) with what might be a slight preference for "Blue and Gray." The title track is one of my all-time favorite Poco songs, ranking up with "Barbados," "Legend," "Under the Gun" and "Heart of the Night." As a teenager I was obsessed with "Widowmaker." Anyway, I thought that I would never get to see Poco live, and now, not only do I get to see them live, I get to see them at my alma mater! (I attended WVU for 6 years for my Bacherlor's and Master's) I will be driving six hours, from Buffalo, NY to go to this concert. I could not ask for a better concert and I am so excited I can't explain! If there are other Poconuts in the Buffalo or Morgantown areas, it would be great to hear from you and hear your thoughts on the upcoming concert! ~Best - Dave
BlueGoldandGray

Return to Poco Discussion