Jimmy and Timothy

Discuss the band.

Jimmy and Timothy

Postby fanjack12 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:40 pm

So I want to add something by Messrs. Messina and Schmidt --- of their solo CD's, where should I start? Maybe another way of looking at this would be ---What one CD of their solo acts, would you always keep? Thanks for your thoughts 'Nuts.....Fanjack12
fanjack12

Re: Jimmy and Timothy

Postby DrMichaelGalvin » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:59 am

Messina- Oasis
" I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake." Ernest Hemingway
DrMichaelGalvin

Postby laramie » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:14 pm

DrMichaelGalvin wrote:Messina- Oasis

That's a good choice, likely my favorite Messina solo LP.

For Timmy, I've always loved the "back side" of "Playing It Cool"
Way underrated, and still my favorite of his.
laramie

Postby Tabasco » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:49 pm

I LOVE Jimmy's .... Under a Mojito Moon.
Tabasco

Postby fanjack12 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:46 pm

Wow --took a while for a response so I guess site is not as active as it used to be. Thanks for the recommendations.........will check them out....
fanjack12

Postby larrypocofan » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:15 pm

I really liked Jim Messina's One More Mile although it has an outdated 80s sound. The songs, however, are very consistently good throughout.

It's hard to decide on my favorite album of Tim's. There are several songs on each Timothy B. Schmit album that I really like, but there are duds on each album as well. I guess my favorite would be either Tell Me The Truth or Expando.
larrypocofan

Postby fanjack12 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:00 pm

I asked for opinions because I have a hard time choosing my own favorite. Much like larrypoco, I can't make my mind up on Tim's. Thanks for the help, and I appreciate the comments. Has anybody heard Jimmy's Live at Clark Center CD??? Thanks again
fanjack12

Postby larrypocofan » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:20 pm

Has anybody heard Jimmy's Live at Clark Center CD???

I like that one. It has a great mix of songs from various points in Jimmy's career. He covers Carefree Country Day from his Buffalo Springfield days and adds a bridge to that song. He also does great versions of Richie's Kind Woman and Child's Claim To Fame. I like his medley of Listen To A Country Song and Holiday Hotel. He also included Sinners and Saints which he performed with Poco in the 90's. He also performed several new songs that were very good. It's an overall good recording with an excellent band. It's a little more stripped down than what I'm used to hearing from Jimmy, but it's a very enjoyable album.
larrypocofan

Postby Kim » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:24 am

My Timothy B Schmit album recommendation is...

Feed The Fire (My favorite). I haven't heard the his new album yet?

I haven't heard Jimmy's new album yet either? and I don't know too much about Jim Messina's solo albums? I have one solo album 'Oasis' which I'm not very keen on and prefer his work with Poco and Loggins and Messina. I recommend....'Sitting in', 'On Stage' and 'Mother lode' which are outstanding. I also recommend the 'Sitting in ..again' DVD.
Kim

Postby StalkerJenn » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:51 am

Clarke Theatre is a live show from only a few years ago. it is awesome.. Jimmy's 1996 Watching the River RUn album is also good. a studio album where he redid many of his classics as well as a few new ones.,

for timothy, go with Feed the Fire...
StalkerJenn

Return to Poco Discussion