Belcourt Theatre 2004 - So many different CD titles

Discuss the band.

Belcourt Theatre 2004 - So many different CD titles

Postby Leee292 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:14 pm

Hello Fellow Poconuts,
I've been a member here, on and off, for many years. Last time I was here I had a different email address, so I started a new account. So this is my first post under this login name, but I've been around for a lot longer.

Anyway, on to the question (and observation). I apologize in advance because I'm sure this question has been asked at least a few times before, but I couldn't find it after a quick search through the forum:

I'd like to know (and express my frustration about) why the concert Poco recorded at the Belcourt Theatre on May 20, 2004 has been released on almost a dozen different CD's, all using different titles? Including "Poco Live" which happens to be the same name as one of my favorite Poco albums from 1976 (their second live album), which was the first Poco album I ever bought.

I looked on Amazon and a few other places that sells CD's or downloads music, and have counted almost a dozen CD's of this same concert. Sometimes the running order is changed a bit, sometimes a few other songs are added, but they are all basically from the same concert. I purchased the original CD/DVD package when it first came out, called either "Keeping The Legend Alive" or "Live and Kickin'"

Here are some of the various names of CD's of that same exact concert:
Keeping The Legend Alive
Live and Kickin'
Poco Live (same name but with 3 different artwork covers, selling as 3 different CD's)
Crazy Love - The Ultimate Live Experience
Platinum Collection - The Very Best of Poco Live
"Poco" (Not to be confused with their 2nd studio album)
Poco - Crazy Love
Standing Room Only (parts of several concerts, including The Belcourt)
Poco - In Concert
Poco - Orleans (possibly parts of 2 concerts)

And to confuse things even worse, there are at least 4 or 5 other "live" albums, either mixed together from "Deliverin'" and "Live (1976)" and The Belcourt, one is called:
Setlist: The Very Best Of Poco Live
It's enough to drive a hardcore Poco fan "Crazy".

Incidentally, Wolfgang's Vault sells 4 different Poco concerts from the early 70's, which are worth checking out, and which a few of the songs from these recordings also made their way onto several "Best of Live" Poco CDs.

Sorry for the long post, but it's something that has frustrated me and have been meaning to ask about for awhile.
Ride the Country!
Leee292

Return to Poco Discussion