Brian Setzer

Discuss the band.

Brian Setzer

Postby Denbo » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:32 am

Any fans of Brian Setzer out there?

He was a member of The Stray Cats in the 80's, a really tight, three piece band. They didn't get enough credit for their music when the 80's was filled with so many bands with synthesizers, etc. Brian is an incredible guitarist.

We just recently saw The Brian Setzer Orchestra when they performed near where I live. An incredible two hour show. The orchestra includes four trumpets, four trombones, five saxophones, an upright bass player, a pianist in the vein of Jerry Lee Lewis, a drummer, and two backup singers. Brian is a fan of rockabilly so that is what you get, And the performance was awesome. Brian hasn't missed a beat, and his guitar playing has never been better.

We purchased his most recent CD, all originals written by him, and it is totally great. Great guitar and riffs, and some really clever lyrics. I would highly recommend it, or seeing the band in concert.
Denbo

Re: Brian Setzer

Postby duffyb » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:44 pm

He's doing his Christmas Show here next week and I hear it's great! I can't go but I bought the DVD. Fantastic!
duffyb

Postby daysgoneby » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:02 pm

Brian Setzers solo album from 1986, The Knife Feels like justice, is a fantastic rock record.

Track it down and give it a listen if you can find it.

A great mix of Mellencamp, Petty, Springsteen and of Course Brian Setzer.
Last edited by daysgoneby on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daysgoneby

Postby daysgoneby » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:03 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFkTJDflcrc

Here is the Music Video to the Title Song.

Great song
daysgoneby

Postby BLUESDUDE » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:40 am

His Piano man is a friend of mine, Kevin McKendree. Kevin also plays in Delbert McClinton's Band most of the time, but also with other artists. He owns and runs a recording studio in Tennessee called The Rock House.
BLUESDUDE

Return to Poco Discussion