Timmy at the Kennedy Honors

Discuss the band.

Timmy at the Kennedy Honors

Postby Palestra Jon » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:46 pm

Should have the rest of POCO up there, of course, but still fun to see.....

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/39th-an ... =1.2899253

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/39th-an ... =1.2899260
Palestra Jon

Re: Timmy at the Kennedy Honors

Postby bocanut » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:50 am

Glad that TBS was there. However, where were Randy (too ill to attend), Bernie and Don Felder...........all of which contributed more to the Eagles foundation and recordings? Timothy was part of one prebreak up (The Long Run) album and has been part of the reunion Eagles and the touring Eagles. With due respect to TBS, he could have been replaced and other than not hearing " I Can't Tell You Why" they could have played on and on and on. (and on) Early on, the Eagles covered, to much positive reaction, TBS's "Keep on Tryin". They dropped that effort and that song was never played since the reunion in 1994.

The Eagles rarely played any of Randy's or Bernie's music live. They tried to cover "Take It To The Limit" and it never was as good as when Randy hit the high notes and they played some of Bernie's music during the last tour when Bernie was with them.

I assume that Don Henley and the late Glen Frey decided who would be honored. If so shame on them. If the decision was made elsewhere, then the decision makers got it wrong, in my opinion.
bocanut

Postby Palestra Jon » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:17 pm

I agree with you---note that I said the rest of POCO should have been there, if Timmy were up there. Clearly, Leadon should have been there and although not an original Eagle, Felder should have been there based on the impact of Hotel California and his harder rocking sound that led the Eagles to pop fame. BTW, probably should have had JD Souther up there too for his writing contribution and backup vocals on many of their songs.
Palestra Jon

Postby flaco » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:26 pm

Joe Walsh looks really healthy....G-d bless him...
flaco

Location: Fresh Meadows N.Y. Palm Desert C.A. South Windsor C.T.

Return to Poco Discussion