Timothy B. Schmit In Concert w/guest Richie Furay

Discuss the band.

Timothy B. Schmit In Concert w/guest Richie Furay

Postby DavidS » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:21 pm

May 9th in South Orange, NJ
South Orange Performing Arts Center(SOPAC)

TIMOTHY B. SCHMIT & RICHIE FURAY MAKE THEIR ONLY U.S.A. APPEARANCE TOGETHER

http://www.sopacnow.org/timothy-b-schmit/

Timothy B. Schmit is best known as a longtime member of the EAGLES playing bass and singing lead vocals on their hits “I Can’t Tell You Why”, “Love Will Keep Us Alive” & “I Don’t Want To Hear It Anymore”.

At the turn of the 1970’s, he joined POCO and helped steer the band into its pioneering fusion of country, rock and folk with founding member Richie Furay. In recent interviews, Timothy said “Richie Furay really took me to another level. Richie mentored me. I watched how he worked as a songwriter and a singer and a performer, and I really learned a lot just by being around him. I consider him one of my best friends, on many levels.”

His musicianship & vocals have always been in high demand playing with Dan Fogelberg, Steely Dan, Jimmy Buffet, Ringo Starr, Bob Seeger, Boz Scaggs and countless others.

Timothy is performing songs that span his career in addition to his most recent release “Leap of Faith” released in September 2016.

Richie Furay returns after headlining several of his own sold out shows at SOPAC. As founding member of POCO, he pioneered their unique sound that was the template for all country-rock music that followed along with Jim Messina after the disbanding of Buffalo Springfield.
DavidS

Re: Timothy B. Schmit In Concert w/guest Richie Furay

Postby poconj » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:41 am

This will be a great show. If you Check the seating chart, there are less than 30 seats left for Timmy & Richie on 5-9-17 in South Orange, NJ. I already have my tickets for this show and also Poco in March.
poconj

Postby fanjack12 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:49 am

Just became aware that Timothy will be at Rams Head in Annapolis, MD for shows on 5/2 and 5/3 ---- no comment about Richie
fanjack12

Postby wheland » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:51 am

fanjack12 wrote:Just became aware that Timothy will be at Rams Head in Annapolis, MD for shows on 5/2 and 5/3 ---- no comment about Richie

It's made very clear in the posts about the SOPAC show that it will be the only show that will include Richie.

Be there or be disappointed. :D

Dennis
wheland

Postby DavidS » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:51 am

For the South Orange, NJ SOPAC show on May 9...

TIMOTHY B. SCHMIT & RICHIE FURAY MAKE THEIR ONLY U.S.A. APPEARANCE TOGETHER
DavidS

Postby calrickster » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:23 pm

Hey Poconuts!
I was too late, last month, when I finally learned of this concert so I'm really bummed that it was already sold out (I'm sure it didn't take long!). If by any chance anyone learns of 1 or 2 tickets that become available between now and the show, even up until the last hour, please let me know? My email address is calrickster@comcast.net

Looking forward to tonight's show here in NJ!

Thanks,
Rick
calrickster

Postby Bob Biggs » Sun May 14, 2017 6:47 am

Just a brief update on this. I had booked a holiday in New York for a week and saw that Tim and Richy were appearing at SOPAC. Great timing for me and I was lucky enough to get a ticket before the concert sold out.

I last saw Tim with Poco in Birmingham [UK] in 1978 when they toured with America. That concert opened my eyes and ears to live music, having been to one or two others that had left me cold. It remains one of my favourite gigs of all time. I thought Poco were wonderful. Nearly 40 years on [and 1000 LPs and about the same number of CDs later], I'm still a great fan of this kind of music even though it's cost me a small fortune over those years!

So, it just seemed right that my first concert in the USA featured Tim. Ground breaker in 1978 and again in 2017. He didn't disappoint and neither did Richy. Nearly 3 hours of music with Richy appearing on 3 songs with Tim, including "Keep on Trying" and the last song "Good Feelin' to Know". Class throughout and so enjoyable. I caught the last bus from South Orange back to New York wearing a smile.
Bob Biggs

Return to Poco Discussion