Hoedown XIII !!

Discuss the band.

Re: Hoedown XIII !!

Postby Quinn » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:03 pm

i am planning on going full throttle the entire time
Quinn

Postby Bogeyfire » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Quinn wrote:Thanks! What planet was that?

NASA thought they were landing on Saturn's largest moon. As luck would have it, they took a wrong turn somewhere and actually landed their probe in Borrego!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msiLWxDayuA
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby mcdtj » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:07 am

17 days to go.

I have been playing a couple more songs that might be fun to try in Borrego Springs, especially given that we'll have a drummer.

The Letter, by Joe Cocker, is recorded in B flat minor. But it is a lot easier to play and sing if we take it down a half step to A minor. (To play along with the record, capo at the 1st fret and play as if the song is recorded in A minor.)

Free's All Right Now is in A. Just four chords in this one: A, D, G and E. Figuring out when to play each is easy if you play along with the record.
mcdtj

Postby studiogirl » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:13 pm

Re: flowers, mountain roads, songs....

Can't wait to see the flowers -- often a carpet of yellow at the glider field in Warner Springs, and then starting the descent on S22 after Ranchita (not to mention the descent itself!).... Songs: Donna, MJ and I have done "The Letter" numerous times at parties...easy and fun!!

Yellow flowers Warner Springs.jpg
Yellow flowers Warner Springs.jpg (29.71 KiB) Viewed 4801 times

Note the traffic arrow in the photo below....
:o

DSCF1082 sm.jpg
DSCF1082 sm.jpg (60.86 KiB) Viewed 4801 times
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby Quinn » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:05 am

i have not got any rhythm and i got the worse blues in the world, the white man blues.
Quinn

Postby TonySTL » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:56 pm

Quinn wrote:i have not got any rhythm and i got the worse blues in the world, the

white man blues.

Ha, that's what they said about Jimmy M...and the rest is historySet it on 11 and have fun. Sorry Peg and I will miss QFT - Quinn - Full Throttle!!

I'm just a little jealous. Honor must go out for the one who is our cruise director, my studio pal gal. Miss you CC.
TonySTL

Postby studiogirl » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:33 am

Quinn wrote:i have not got any rhythm and i got the worse blues in the world, the white man blues.

OMG, you are SOOOO funny!! I've always been pretty arrhythmic, but that never stopped me from trying to be a rhythm guitar player, and now bass!! It's why we need a drummer!!

As for the blues...I don't got 'em at all.

TonySTL wrote:Ha, that's what they said about Jimmy M...and the rest is historySet it on 11 and have fun. Sorry Peg and I will miss QFT - Quinn - Full Throttle!!

I'm just a little jealous. Honor must go out for the one who is our cruise director, my studio pal gal. Miss you CC.

They're right about JimmyM!
:o

I miss you, too, Tony...and Peg, too, and well, the whole family (including Ferguson!).
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby mcdtj » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:02 pm

Two weeks to go. I'm renting a guitar from a music store in Solana Beach. They MAY rent me a Heritage 535 like mine--they said we need to talk about it in person because they normally don't rent their high end instruments. But they also have rentable Peavy and Ibanez electric semi-hollow bodies, so I will be fine.
mcdtj

Postby studiogirl » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:18 pm

mcdtj wrote:Two weeks to go. I'm renting a guitar from a music store in Solana Beach. They MAY rent me a Heritage 535 like mine--they said we need to talk about it in person because they normally don't rent their high end instruments. But they also have rentable Peavy and Ibanez electric semi-hollow bodies, so I will be fine.

Are you renting an amp, too? Not sure you need to, but suit yourself. I'll have at least two guitar amps, and if you want, I can bring my larger one....
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby mcdtj » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:08 pm

studiogirl wrote:
mcdtj wrote:Two weeks to go. I'm renting a guitar from a music store in Solana Beach. They MAY rent me a Heritage 535 like mine--they said we need to talk about it in person because they normally don't rent their high end instruments. But they also have rentable Peavy and Ibanez electric semi-hollow bodies, so I will be fine.

Are you renting an amp, too? Not sure you need to, but suit yourself. I'll have at least two guitar amps, and if you want, I can bring my larger one....

Figured I would use one of your two amps. No need to bring the larger one. Thanks much.
mcdtj

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion