Hoedown XIII !!

Discuss the band.

Re: Hoedown XIII !!

Postby studiogirl » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:15 am

Quinn wrote:I'd give my right arm if you could be there.

I wish you could come, too, Kev!! And also so many other Poconuts whom I may or may not have met in person (yet!). Anyone who wants to join us is welcome. Basic info: Palm Canyon Resort, Borrego Springs, CA, approximately 2 hours from San Diego in northeast San Diego County. Pretty much in the middle of nowhere, which is why it's such a great place.

Other reasonable places to fly into: Ontario, John Wayne (Orange County), Bob Hope (Hollywood-Burbank). Always good to avoid LAX if possible.... These are all 2-4 hours away from Borrego Springs.

Hope some 'Nuts will surprise us by showing up!!
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby mcdtj » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:43 pm

Just got back from the walk-in clinic where the doctor described me, in technical terms, as "a friggin' mess:" ear infections in both ears, a sinus infection, and lung congestion. I am glad I have a week before hoedown for the two antibiotics to get to work because there's no way I could go today.
mcdtj

Postby Bogeyfire » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:46 am

mcdtj wrote:Just got back from the walk-in clinic where the doctor described me, in technical terms, as "a friggin' mess:" ear infections in both ears, a sinus infection, and lung congestion. I am glad I have a week before hoedown for the two antibiotics to get to work because there's no way I could go today.

Whoa!

Reality check to self. My guitar sucks. Just spend time with those that matter.

Tim... anti-bototics are going to fix you. But, to be sure... teach me a song.
:-)
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby Bogeyfire » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:56 am

Tim, I'm still hoping to go to Borrego on Thursday afternoon. Will you be in town on Wednesday? Maybe an early dinner?

I haven't visited my old alma mater for a couple of years:
https://www.lagranterraza.com
Pretty Catholic campus.
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby Quinn » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:04 am

Tim, man, I'm sorry. I know how much ear infections suck. Hope you feel better soon and I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing you play again.
Quinn

Postby mcdtj » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:18 am

Mark, there's no time for any pre-hoedown meals this year. Our flight lands on Thursday at Noon. We have to get the rental car, then run up to Solana Beach to get the rental guitar. And we have almost two hours from there to Borrego Springs. But we should be in the desert in time for dinner at Carlee's that night and some post-dinner hoedowning.

Quinn, thanks for the support. I have to be on the ear medicine for a week and the sinus/lung medicine for two weeks. The germs should be long gone by then. (I hope.)
mcdtj

Postby studiogirl » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:11 pm

Oh my!! Tim...so sorry you're ailing, but very glad you saw the doc!! You'll be good to go by Thursday, I'm sure.

And, about our Thursday dinner at Carlee's...I'm going to call them that morning to make a reservation (or at least warn them). I don't want to put them out and I don't want to wait a long time. Guess I'd better get a head count....

For now, 2 Rosses, 2 McDonoughs, 1 Warwick, 1 Chapman.
8-)
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby mcdtj » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:42 pm

studiogirl wrote:Oh my!! Tim...so sorry you're ailing, but very glad you saw the doc!! You'll be good to go by Thursday, I'm sure.

And, about our Thursday dinner at Carlee's...I'm going to call them that morning to make a reservation (or at least warn them). I don't want to put them out and I don't want to wait a long time. Guess I'd better get a head count....

For now, 2 Rosses, 2 McDonoughs, 1 Warwick, 1 Chapman.
8-)

Or 3 Rosses---Ross was Candy's maiden name.

Sinus/lungs noticeably better today, but ears are still blocked and hurting, big time. I couldn't get on an airplane today, feeling as I do. Sure hope the ear antibiotics kick-in soon...
mcdtj

Postby studiogirl » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:13 pm

mcdtj wrote:Or 3 Rosses---Ross was Candy's maiden name.

Hmmm... That's interesting!

mcdtj wrote:Sinus/lungs noticeably better today, but ears are still blocked and hurting, big time. I couldn't get on an airplane today, feeling as I do. Sure hope the ear antibiotics kick-in soon...

Glad at least parts of you are improving and hope the rest of your meds get to work soon.

Once I get to the weekend before the hoedown, I start worrying about germs...and find myself avoiding public places!!
:roll:
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby Quinn » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:33 pm

Three Rosses! I gotta find some more Warwicks!
Quinn

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion