Postby mary » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:08 pm

http://rockandromancecruise.com/lineup
PLEASE Join us in the sun!
email me for international merch orders, Mary Young
pocomerch@gmail.com
mary

2017 Rockin' Romance Cruise

Postby Jiff » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:26 pm

Yay! Wish Poco was going this year. We are. So far I prefer this year's lineup: Peter Frampton, America, Little River Band, The Orchestra (former members of ELO), Christopher Cross, Ambrosia, Orleans, Stephen Bishop, Firefall, Player, Chuck Negron, and three tribute bands: Beatles, Eagles, Bee Gees. Barry Williams is the host.

I like this part of an interview from last month with Jock Bartley:
"It’ll be great going on the cruise with those guys, and it’ll be great for the fans, too, because you can bet we’ll be out on deck jamming on some Beatles songs or other songs everyone knows. And everyone’s welcome to sing along, play along. You can pretty much count on some spontaneous jam sessions because we all love to play."

Interview: http://rockandromancecruise.com/news/this-is-firefalls-first-cruise-so-were-really-looking-forward-to-it-jock-ba

I'll be taking my Baby Taylor.

mcdtj - Not going to be able to meet. We're on a tight schedule.
Last edited by Jiff on Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jiff

Re: 2017 Rockin' Romance Cruise

Postby mcdtj » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:28 am

mcdtj - Not going to be able to meet. We're on a tight schedule.

Too bad for me. Have a great time. Hope you get a chance to jam with many of the bands.

And if you're looking for a fun place for dinner near the port of Ft. Lauderdale/FLL airport, check out the Rustic Inn crabhouse. Lots of great seafood in a very casual environment.
mcdtj

Re: 2018 Poco Cruise

Postby MauiThomas » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:36 pm

Not a cruise guy but this seems pretty cool!
MauiThomas

Postby Jiff » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:54 pm

Quite the cruise. The jamming and impromptu performances I pictured didn't happen. I played to the ocean and whoever heard me from my deck. The performance times were all scripted with just two performances per band.

My report:
http://mtheads.yuku.com/topic/2474/Florida-Vacation-March-2017#.WM8XSoWcFIk

mcdtj - We changed our schedule in Florida and you'd think we would have had time to meet driving to Ft Lauderdale from Orlando on March 10 but bad traffic would have negated that. Enjoy Hoedown.
Jiff

Postby mcdtj » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:51 pm

Jiff wrote:Quite the cruise. The jamming and impromptu performances I pictured didn't happen. I played to the ocean and whoever heard me from my deck. The performance times were all scripted with just two performances per band.

My report:
http://mtheads.yuku.com/topic/2474/Florida-Vacation-March-2017#.WM8XSoWcFIk

mcdtj - We changed our schedule in Florida and you'd think we would have had time to meet driving to Ft Lauderdale from Orlando on March 10 but bad traffic would have negated that. Enjoy Hoedown.

Wouldn't have been able to see you on March 10 anyway. I made new plans after you said you were unavailable.

Traffic problems were due to (1) grand opening of a new baseball stadium in Jupiter, (2) Trump was in Palm Beach, which means certain roads close to provide him with security and, (3) early March is the height of the winter tourist season in S. Florida.

Sorry that the impromptu jams didn't happen. Joni Mitchell has a lyric that pretty well sums up the musical pro/am situation, in my experience: "I'll play if you have the money. Or if you're a friend to me."

But if the ship didn't break down, and if a nasty virus didn't sweep through everyone on board, and a storm didn't batter you, it was a better cruise than most.
mcdtj

Postby rafacko » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:09 pm

All in all the 2017 cruise was good. The bands were not as available as they make it sound but that could be the bands choice. Some were very happy to meet and greet as I am sure all of POCO will be. We did sign up for 2018. It will be a good time.
rafacko

Return to Poco Discussion