Help Jack get his stolen Bass back

Discuss the band.

Help Jack get his stolen Bass back

Postby mary » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:20 pm

My trusty, old 1965 Fender Jazz Bass - my main guitar and favorite instrument for the last 44 years - has been stolen.

It was burgled from my house. They knew what they wanted - crow-barred the back door and grabbed the bass. Nothing else was touched.

I've filed a police report and it was insured. However, I obviously want it back. I, along with friends, have contacted music stores, pawn shops, guitar collectors - everyone I can think of who might have a chance to come across this bass. It's a long shot, I know, but I thought I'd spread the word on Facebook.

1965 Fender Jazz Bass
Serial #: L93435
Sunburst finish / very road worn
Rosewood neck / dot fret markers
No case was taken with it.
email me for international merch orders, Mary Young
pocomerch@gmail.com
mary

Re: Help Jack get his stolen Bass back

Postby mcdtj » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:46 pm

Dang, Jack, I can't believe someone would be such a louse as to do that to you. Sounds like the thief knew EXACTLY what he/she wanted, too. Hope you recover it quickly.

My son-in-law works in loss prevention. I shared your post above with him. He said you have done/are doing the right things. He had some additional questions you might want to consider:

Have you had any visitors or workers around or in the house recently who might have commented on it or seen it? Facetiming/Skypeing recently with someone who might have seen it? Played it recently around someone who was a bit too interested in it? Anybody hit you up for a loan that you rejected? In a dispute with anyone who might feel taking it was justified?
mcdtj

Postby studiogirl » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:41 am

Aaagh...this is awful. As usual, Poconuts on Facebook are doing what they can, sharing the post and keeping an eye out. I saw that flyers are being distributed to vendors at a guitar show this weekend in Nashville. Maybe the thief is dumb enough to try and sell it there....

Remaining hopeful!
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby mcdtj » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:59 am

Any update, Jack?
mcdtj

Return to Poco Discussion