Rusty's New Album

Discuss the band.

Re: Rusty's New Album

Postby Bogeyfire » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:39 am

mary wrote:Soon, there will be a Rusty Young quick site (not much detail, just a place holder with connection info to the new Poco site.
we got a whole team of techs with the record label working on all this.
things will come together soon, i promise

Your "people" seem to be doing a great job; promotion wise, and updating the existing site is always an ongoing project. I know the current site was designed by Rusty's son, but that was a long time ago. In the digital age, you gotta keep on changin'.

I'm looking forward to the music most of all. But, I'm proud that you are keeping current, yet talking to us old "nuts" and keeping us in your fold. I hope the new site generates some interaction and reconnection.

The "Friends" such as Jimmy, Richie, George, and Timmy, are huge energy boosters. We need that. And, a female voice with an extra verse on "Rose"...? Okay, I'm on the edge of my seat. This is making it fun all over again.

Great moves all around.
:D
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby mcdtj » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:57 am

david75090 wrote:No mention of Paul guesting on Rusty's new album. I suppose things are how they are.

To quote from Nickey Barclay's song, Northbound Bus, (covered by FBB on their album, Airborne, Ric):

You and I were the best of friends
Well, I think it was a thousand years.
Now good-bye this is where it ends
'Cause there's nothing going on 'round here.
When I think about the way I was paid for my trouble, it don't seem right...
mcdtj

Postby pocojim » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:26 am

Has the updated version of "Rose" been made available yet?

Jim

P.S. I'm loving the four pre-release songs I got with my preorder of the new album on vinyl.
pocojim

Postby Diederik1 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:50 am

I love all four new songs, but isn't "my friend" just what Poco and Rusty are all about? So much love and harmony. Just great!
Diederik1

Postby fanjack12 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:54 pm

Just listened to the 4 songs from the pre-release CD purchase.....and I thought the last 3 were really very good --- Waiting for the Sun was first and it never seems to get out of 1st gear ---just slow and meanders along...but the other 3 are really fine -- Who is on the fiddle and who is singing backup on the last 3. Can't wait to get the new CD now - a great marketing ploy for ol' Rusty --- Hope to hear from Poconuts like we used to talk about things... Way to go Rusty!!
fanjack12

Neil a Rusty friend?

Postby Jiff » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:18 pm

I'm really looking forward to the album. About time that the best writer of anyone that's ever been in Poco recorded a solo album.

From a preview of the album at Todd Star Photography:
“I learned how to write songs not only from the guys in Poco, but the people I hung out with too,” explains Rusty. “Friends like Neil Young, Stephen Stills, and Gerry Beckley from the band America all made a big impression on me".

I was under the impression that Rusty didn't know Neil very well from singing, "we hardly know each other" in Neil Young Is Not My Brother. If they're friends Neil should invite Rusty to his ranch and let him "drive his electric cars and play his vintage guitars".

Album preview article:
http://www.toddstarphotography.com/blog/2017/7/news-pocos-rusty-young-to-release-debut-solo-album-waitin-for-the-sun-on-sept-15
Jiff

Postby larrypocofan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:42 pm

I ordered Rusty's solo album and am really enjoying the 4 songs sent to me by Blue Elan. The song, 'Waiting for the Sun' is a little different for Rusty. I'm glad to see him expanding his style of songwriting. I think I hear Richie on the low harmony on Gonna Let The Rain. I wonder if that's him. Good tune. Great hearing Tim and Richie on background vocals on "My Friend." Can't wait to hear Rusty's entire new album.

I'm hoping the new version of "Rose" will be made available to us soon.
larrypocofan

Postby Diederik1 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:02 am

I just got notice that Blue Elan Records shipped Rusty's new album to me! I am so excited. "Like some uncommon child, I have to stop and stare".
Thanks, Rusty, for making this possible!
Diederik1

Postby fanjack12 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:30 am

Got my email last night ....coming soon!
fanjack12

Postby fanjack12 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:13 pm

Mine was delivered today and am listening to it as I type this. Just started looking at jacket, etc -- lots to like here! Go Rusty!
fanjack12

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion