Rusty's New Album

Discuss the band.

Re: Rusty's New Album

Postby bassman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:29 am

Waiting' for the Sun, arrives today, Crazy Eyes an album that many consider to be one of the best POCO albums was released 44 years ago today. both will be on my playlist today.
bassman

Postby TonySTL » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:44 pm

Thumbs Up!

Rusty, love the songs and could comment on each but I have one comment to make.

This collection is your first solo that , IMO, captures a bit of 5 decades, and I don't believe that this has been done before! And, done very well. I do feel like I hear a little bit of all of the studio albums, PUTP thru AFU.

Thanks again and again and again and again

IM now means "Innocent Moon" to me and not Instant Message!
TonySTL

Postby Diederik1 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:38 am

TonySTL wrote:Thumbs Up!

Rusty, love the songs and could comment on each but I have one comment to make.

This collection is your first solo that , IMO, captures a bit of 5 decades, and I don't believe that this has been done before! And, done very well. I do feel like I hear a little bit of all of the studio albums, PUTP thru AFU.

Thanks again and again and again and again

IM now means "Innocent Moon" to me and not Instant Message!

I agree 100%!
Diederik1

Postby pocojim » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:41 pm

Vinyl arrived today. I love the large 12" packaging and graphics, just like the old days . . . though I'll certainly listen to the digital version more frequently. It's hard to play an LP in the car.

Jim
pocojim

Postby wheland » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:53 pm

pocojim wrote:Vinyl arrived today. I love the large 12" packaging and graphics, just like the old days . . . though I'll certainly listen to the digital version more frequently. It's hard to play an LP in the car.

Jim

Jim,

I can't remember which car it was but there was a car made with an option for a turntable.

I think it might have been a Lincoln or a Cadillac.

Dennis
wheland

Postby pocojim » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:59 am

I just noticed that the track running order differs on the LP vs. the CD and iTunes versions. 'Down Home' is the second cut on LP side two (so, 7 overall) but it's track 9 on digital versions. Weird. Anyway, I changed the track numbers from my digital download to match the LP running order.

Another odd thing . . . the liner notes (at least the LP version) credit 'photos by m. webb/chuck turner/trey (something I can't read)'. But there are no photos anywhere on the LP packaging. Does the CD have photos?

Jim
pocojim

Postby StevenT » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:13 pm

We placed this CD into our car stereo on a coincidental trip to Norman Russell Young's former stomping grounds (Denver) this past weekend.
This new music evokes beautiful imagery of an Autumn full of changing colors.
Great timing, and very well worth the wait.
Thank you, Rusty!
StevenT

Postby rusty » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:18 pm

Thanks for ordering the album and enjoying the songs. I'm very happy with how it turned out. The record label has been wonderful to work with. They're promoting and giving the project so much support. Thank you, Blue Elan
rusty

Postby studiogirl » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:37 pm

rusty wrote:Thanks for ordering the album and enjoying the songs. I'm very happy with how it turned out. The record label has been wonderful to work with. They're promoting and giving the project so much support. Thank you, Blue Elan

That last bit..."promoting...support"...critical for success, to say the least. And thanks to social media, primarily Facebook for me, there's the opportunity to "point"to the various interviews, articles and performances by liking and sharing. That's how we can help the publicity machine spread the word. Facebook tracks those likes and shares, so the more we like and share, the more the item appears in people's news feeds...which translates into "keeping it it in the public eye". Always a good thing!

I saw a Blue Elan post sharing a link to a nice piece in the well respected music publication, No Depression, which I immediately liked and shared (of course!).
http://nodepression.com/article/poco%E2 ... ant-career
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby bassman » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:35 am

Picked up Rusty's great album from iTunes. Is there anyway i could get a copy of the CD booklet. iTunes are good but for most albums they don't offer them. Thanks.
bassman

PreviousNext

Return to Poco Discussion