John Fogerty Big Interview

Discuss the band.

John Fogerty Big Interview

Postby davidbhphd » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:49 pm

Just got through watching Dan Rather' Big Interview with John Fogerty on AXS network. Thought about Rusty's story about being incredulous when Tom Fogerty told him he was leaving Credence. Specifically, Rather ended the interview by getting John to play Proud Mary and then asked him how many times he thought he had played that song. John thought a minute and replied, " Not enough!" To me, that is very much what Rusty conveys when he tells this story - (if you haven't heard it, it is about, if memory serves, him being asked if he gets tired of playing Crazy Love) - he appreciates how much we appreciate him writing and continuing to play this song.
davidbhphd

Re: John Fogerty Big Interview

Postby Jiff » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:28 pm

Saw Fogerty's Big Interview several months ago, along with several other excellent ones when I got Netflix free for a month. I do remember Fogerty saying that when he wrote Proud Mary he knew he had a "classic", or something like that. I guess if you wrote a classic you want as many people to hear you play it as possible.
Jiff

Re: John Fogerty Big Interview

Postby Bogeyfire » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:24 pm

I just saw Fogerty a month ago. Fantastic show! He was doing a two week stint in Vegas. I believe he is doing that again at the end of Summer. Its at The Wynn. I couldn't have expected more.

He talked a lot. Great stories. Some of them very personal, some funny. One of his sons played guitar with him for the whole show. The whole band was fantastic and they captured the original CCR sound perfectly.

His other son also came out doing a James Brown routine. Funny as hell! But, regarding the drama with his brother, he spoke very openly and tenderly about that. And, he expressed his regrets. He says he looks forward to seeing him again when his his time is done on Earth.

He showed his love for his wife and family. He expressed his pride as an American. You can tell he truly appreciates being able to live the life he does. He also did a tribute to the military. In all, I don't know how the show could have been any better.
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Return to Poco Discussion