SiriusXM

Discuss the band.

SiriusXM

Postby werock » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:16 am

I was given the SiriusXM radio thing for Father' Day and have been listening to the 60's, 70's, and Beatles channel for a month now. I can't believe the repetition regarding songs on a station I PAY FOR! The only Buffalo Springfield song I've heard is, of course, "For What Its Worth". And what's with all the Monkeys songs? Is it a money issue? Is Sirius paying for the cheapest royalties fees they can find? While it's better than FM, it sure is disappointing that out of 20 years of music, they play the same songs everyday. Oh, and commercial free my a$$. After every one or two songs they play a commercial for Sirius. I KNOW WHAT STATION IM LISTING TO, SHUT UP!

There, now I feel better. Send me a bill for the therapy session.
werock

Re: SiriusXM

Postby mcdtj » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:09 pm

I've had SiriusXM for awhile. I like it for news and sports programs more than music. And it is nice to have the same stations when we make a long drive.

But I don't like how often two different songs by the same artist are on simultaneously on two similarly themed stations. If I like the artist/songs, I can listen to just one at a time. And if I don't like the artist/songs, two stations are temporarily out of the picture.

Another thing you'll notice is how a song shows up on the 70s Channel and as soon as it ends, it starts again on Classic Vinyl. Or vice-versa.

Just how it is...
mcdtj

Re: SiriusXM, streaming

Postby Jiff » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:19 pm

Coincidentally, SiriusXM was free when we took a seven day car trip to Idaho in June. It came in pretty handy for the trip: music, news, talk. There were a couple comedians, out of several, that were pretty funny. Otherwise we would have relied on music on thumb drives and radio scan.

I can see where it might be worth it if you drive a lot. We had it for free for 6 months, I think, as part of our new Escape purchase. Hardly listened to it since we don't drive much.

At home my main streaming source is free Spotify. Pretty good. Not too many commercials. I think it has every song Poco ever released on demand. Listening to the Buckingham McVie album on Spotify now. Made it through seven songs before 90 seconds of commercials: Little Darlin', Spellbound and their first five album cuts before 90 seconds of commercials. Saw them on Wednesday. Excellent concert: http://mtheads.yuku.com/buckingham-mcvie-concert-july-19-2017-t2480.html
Jiff

Return to Poco Discussion