Michael Johnson

Discuss the band.

Michael Johnson

Postby marc » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:20 am

Sad to hear that Michael Johnson, songwriter and terrific singer passed away on Tuesday. If you don't know Michael Johnson, he had a great country hit that crossed over onto the pop charts back in the 80's called "Bluer Than Blue." For us Poco and Jack Sundrud fans, Johnson also co-wrote "Cains Blood" with Jack.

We were lucky enough to see Michael do a concert with Craig Bickhardt and Don Henry 2 or 3 years ago at a church here in Connecticut. A wonderful show.

This is a sad loss.

Marc-
marc

Re: Michael Johnson

Postby old school » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:52 pm

Loved his hits "I Will Whisper Your Name" and especially "That's That."
old school

Postby fanjack12 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:22 am

Check out his website for some great video clips of his youth with John Denver and later videos, as well.
fanjack12

Postby Andrewrios59 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:48 am

Hearing of singer.songwriter Micheal Johnson’s passing a few days ago brought a sadness to me. In early 1980, I was hired to play behind him on a television taping. I was told to bring an acoustic guitar and a electric guitar. . After I had everything set-up and I was going over the sheet music, he came over to ask if I had any questions. He also mentioned and asked how old I was. “20 yrs old” I mentioned. "Wow! You’re young!” he said with a smile. At lunch, I was planning to eat alone, he saw that and invited me to eat with him and a few others. I did, he made sure to include me in the conversation. He was a nice person. He made me feel at ease. When the long day was over. He helped me carry my stuff to my car. We kept in touch over the next few years. When I got married, he sent a gift. A few years later when we lost a child, he called me every other day to check up on my wife and I, making sure we were alright. He was a fine man and a great person. Each time I heard his song, “Bluer than Blue” I always stopped and thought of him with a smile. Today when I heard it, I wiped a tear from my eyes! Today I wasn’t in the mood. I slept all day. Thank you Michael for teaching a young kid how one treats others. God Bless You.
Andrewrios59

Return to Poco Discussion