Live From My Father's Place 31/8/76

Discuss the band.

Live From My Father's Place 31/8/76

Postby Grahame » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:33 pm

This is the title of a new release from Richie Furay, with a live show from 31 August '76. Due for release on 17 Nov. the songs are as follows -

Fallin' in Love, We'll See, I've Got A Reason, On the Line, Mighty Maker, Over and Over Again, Still Rolling Stones, You're the One I Love. Look at the Sun, Gettin' Through, Believe Me & Kind Woman.

In the absence of new material, I'll take this for now.
Grahame

Re: Live From My Father's Place 31/8/76

Postby Tabasco » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:51 am

Thanks I'll check it out. I saw some great shows at My Father's Place ... Ray Manzarek, Buzzy Linhart, Jan & Dean, The Flying Burrito Brothers, Garland Jeffries ...
Tabasco

Postby wheland » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:16 am

I had this and another show from the same venue on a boot and the sound was very good since both were radio broadcasts.

I think that Richie might even be involved in this release based on the description on Amazon for it. It even lists Richie's website in the description.

Even if they did nothing to the boot version it would still be worth listening to.

Here is another probably legitimate release of Richie's music although he may not profit much from it- thre of his solo albums.

http://tinyurl.com/ybcge4ac

There is also a two cd release of both of the My Father's Place shows which is almost definitely a "legal" bootleg he gets nothing from-

http://tinyurl.com/y7o5hvz9

Dennis
wheland

Postby Grahame » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:11 am

This one is on Richie's own web site, so it is definitely released with his approval.
Grahame

Postby wheland » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:44 pm

I just tried to access Richie's site and it goes to a generic screen asking if this is my domain name.

I just used the link yesterday for the site. I wonder if a payment was missed or something like that.

Dennis
wheland

Postby Grahame » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:16 am

I have just checked Richie's website, and I gained access immediately, but the website has been changed dramatically overnight. All religious content has gone, and the album history has been cut, including the removal of Live From My Father's Place. Personally I found the former version more interesting and informative.
Grahame

Postby wheland » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:01 am

Yes I agree. There was a post on FB yesterday saying that there would be a transition to a new website and it might take a few days.

New post on FB today indicated the site was up and running. Definitely liked the old one more. It might just be in a transition phase, though.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Dennis
wheland

Postby Bogeyfire » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:26 pm

Its a brand new site. Give them time to add content.
;)
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby DavidS » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:51 pm

FYI- The prior RF website was cluttered. The online store was extremely difficult to navigate and place orders for music, shirts, hats, etc. The 'Discography' page was all links to iTunes. The new RF album recorded live from My Father's Place was not being sold by Richie, it was on the old website being sold through iTunes.
The photos were links from Facebook, and the videos were links from YouTube. Nothing special there. Anyone can access photos & videos by going directly to YouTube and Richie's Facebook pages. There was much redundancy if you're a fan and visit YouTube or Facebook anyway.
The old 'Tour' Page was never maintained and up to date, and the links for purchasing tickets didn't work many times. Concerts that had past were not deleted timely.
The new 'Tour' page is clean & crisp, informative with links directly to the venue and/or ticket website page for more information and ticket purchase. When a concert has past, the event listing will delete automatically.
The 'About' Page had a long winded bio with some inaccuracy. Anyone visiting Richie's website already is already familiar with him. The long bio is unnecessary and if someone is interested, they can read his history on Wikipedia. The new home page provides short and concise history of Richie's musical career.
The new 'Store' Page is simple and easy to navigate with follow through for a purchase. It's user friendly! The graphics/photos of the merchandise selections are big, bold, and professional, unlike the old web store. Check out is now a breeze, so why don't you give it a shot and make a purchase and support Richie's effort.
New to this website is the 'Expressions' Page. There you can read what other musicians and industry people have to say about Richie's contribution to American music and his influence. There are currently about 12 posting so far, and waiting on about another 15 or so comments to be received for future posting.
Overall, the new website has accomplished what the goal was. Clean, simple, and easy to navigate. As time goes on, the site will evolve with additional interesting and informative pages.
Visit and enjoy the new Richie Furay website often as it will have continued changes with content and new store merchandise in 2018.
Last edited by DavidS on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DavidS

Postby Grahame » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:24 am

At present, the new website is not an improvement on the old one at all, because -

1 The discography only contains FIVE of Richie' numerous albums. If this is the new official website, surely it would not have been difficult to file a full, accurate discography?

2 Do we really need an Expressions section? Surely this is superfluous, and did Richie agree to this? I would be very surprised if he did. It looks as though you have had to approach people for these comments, and if so, was this with Richie's approval? I can't imagine him asking people for references.

3 Did he also agree to the removal of all the religious content? Indeed, has Richie had any input on this website at all?

4 The new site is the exact opposite of cluttered! It is far too sparse!

5 So how did Live From My Father's Place appear on the official web site? I appreciate Richie is far too busy to deal with the admin of the site, but someone must be responsible?

If the site is a work in progress, then it has been posted prematurely, and is very disappointing.
Grahame

Next

Return to Poco Discussion