Wildwood 2018

Discuss the band.

Wildwood 2018

Postby marc » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:46 am

Over the years Bob Bell at Wildwood usually waits until January or Febuary to announce that year's Wildwood schedule and that's when you can start making reservations but he announced next years Poco dates on Friday and Saturday night last week.

Although he wasn't specific about who might join Rusty, Jack, Michael and Rick next October for the 50th anniversary shows (except for saying that Richie would be there), there must be something very interesting going on because for the first time he was taking refundable deposits for those shows already. He wasn't even willing to announce the final price of the 2 nights because the plans haven't been completed yet. My experience with Bob over the years is that he's not the most excitable guy so if he's willing to change up the purchase process this much I've got a feeling that it could be a very special weekend.

On Friday night 80 people made reservations for 2018 and the crowd was even bigger on Saturday so you can expect that a number of tickets were sold that night as well.

I only point this out to let you know that if you're thinking of going next year you may want to contact Wildwood asap so you won't get shut out.

If you've never been there for a Poco weekend, 2018 may be the year that you want to make reservations and make them soon. We made our reservations for both nights. I don't think that you want to miss this one.

Marc-
marc

Re: Wildwood 2018

Postby DavidS » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:16 am

Marc,

FYI - Richie is NOT confirmed for the 2018 shows, and neither is any other past Poco member. That was misinformation that Bob conveyed. Richie's image(photo) has been removed from the Wildwood website along with calling the it "Poco, 50th anniversary reunion show". The word "reunion" has been removed.
DavidS

Postby marc » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:45 am

Are you saying the Richie isn’t going to be there?

I’m sure that we all would like to know because it would be a shame for him not to be part of a celebration of half a century of music by my favorite band. But either way, as long as Rusty and the guys are there, we’ll be there.

It doesn’t matter what it’s called as long as it’s Poco.

Marc-
marc

Postby nutsince69 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:56 pm

[quote="DavidS"]Marc,

FYI - Richie is NOT confirmed for the 2018 shows, and neither is any other past Poco member. That was misinformation that Bob conveyed. Richie's image(photo) has been removed from the Wildwood website along with calling the it "Poco, 50th anniversary reunion show". The word "reunion" has been removed.

I just now checked the wildwood web site. The shows are still listed as the 2018 Poco Reunion shows. Just an FYI.
nutsince69

Postby DavidS » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:27 pm

Marc, I'm not saying that Richie won't be there. What I'm saying is that as of this moment, he has not agreed to be there.

Bob Bell pulled the trigger a bit too soon with using Richie's photo and calling this a "reunion". The only confirmation thus far for October 2018 at Wildwood is the current lineup of Poco. It's a 50th anniversary show, not a reunion show as of now.

nutsince69- Refresh your browser and the word "reunion" will disappear from the Wildwood website!
DavidS

Return to Poco Discussion