Naomi

Discuss the band.

Re: Naomi

Postby Lonesomedave » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:15 pm

wheland wrote:Here's a link to Naomi's obituary- no big surprise but Poco ( and in particular Mary & Rusty) are integral to it.

http://tinyurl.com/yabwjfvh

I intend to be there.

Dennis

Thanks for the link Dennis.
"Half a loaf is better than a kick in the head. You tell me what you mean and I'll tell you what said.
I sent you for jelly, you come back with jam. Who exactly do you think I am?"
R.Hunter
Lonesomedave

Postby Andrewrios59 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:50 pm

I met Naomi a few years ago on her trip to S Ca for a series of Poco shows. I remember her walking up to me, giving me a hug and asking...:How are you Andy Rios?" I knew exactly who she was...she was wearing Pink!!!! She was so kind and one special person. She knew so much about my family, especially our young daughter who was born with heart problem. A few days after she returned home, she sent a drawing to my daughter. She was a big fan of Poco. And she was one dedicated fan also. I remember she had a web site dedicated to Rusty Young and all his songs. I will miss her. When I read the news of her passing...I was alright, but then 5 minutes later I started crying as if I lost a member of my family...I did lose a family member. She will always have a huge and special place in my life and in my heart. Good-Bye Naomi...Till we meet again.
Andrewrios59

Postby TonySTL » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:20 pm

Naomi is one of a kind and I consider myself blest for the opportunity to speak to her on several occasions.

Yesterday, Peg and I were looking at a residential home for our 23 year old son with multiple disabilities. The available room was described to me as "everything pink!" I said, I know someone who would LOVE this room. Naomi was always interested in hearing about my son and always asked me how my guide dog, Paragon was doing.

I also feel like a member of my family has passed...Rest Dear Miss Pink and I'll see you again. Now, I want to be sad for a bit.
TonySTL

Previous

Return to Poco Discussion