Vinyl Records

Discuss the band.

Vinyl Records

Postby Denbo » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:06 am

I sure miss vinyl records, versus today's CDs. I just remember looking forward to the liner notes, photos, etc., that would accompany the record.

We have a local classic rock radio station that is doing an original promotion for Thanksgiving weekend, and I thought it would make a good topic for discussion by Poconuts. The are asking listeners to submit their suggestions for their favorite side of a vinyl album. So pick a favorite artist, a favorite record, and then your favorite side. I thought, which Poco side would I pick?

For me, it would be side two of Cantomos. The whole album is great, but the second side is so solid, and I always thought that the last song on that side, All The Ways, was a hidden gem.

So wich side of which poco album would you pick, and why?
Denbo

Re: Vinyl Records

Postby daysgoneby » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:26 pm

Crazy Eyes Side 2
Crazy Eyes, Magnolia, Lets Dance.

3 of my all time favorites.

Magnolia being my all time favorite
daysgoneby

Re: Vinyl Records

Postby Diederik1 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:42 pm

Nice topic!

Side two of Legend! Incredible album by Rusty and Paul.

HOTN (Paul)
Crazy Love (Rusty)
The Last Goodbye (Rusty)
Legend (Rusty)

Can it really get better?! Our guys were on a roll! Must have heard this album a thousand times. So many memories!

But I could easily pick side one too from Legend and like 10 other sides (FTI, Cantamos, Blue&Gray, Rose, AGFTK).

Together with Damn The Torpedoes from Tom Petty, these are my favourite six albums. I get goose bumps just thinking about all those songs!
Diederik1

Return to Poco Discussion