Good seats still available!
email me for international merch orders, Mary Young
pocomerch@gmail.com
mary

Re: POCO in FLORIDA

Postby TonySTL » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:39 pm

mary wrote:http://www.thecentercs.com/
Good seats still available!

Mary, I think that I see the problem. By the time one finishes reading the bio, you forget to purchase tickets! <smile>

http://www.thecentercs.com/events/detail/poco

Wish I could make it but I did want to say that the bio, although interesting and informative, is probably the longest I've ever read in a site promo!

I think I will be fine with missing the Red Hot Chili Pipers! =D
TonySTL

Re: POCO in FLORDIA

Postby mcdtj » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:25 pm

Hey, Mary, if you're looking for a good restaurant not far from the venue in Coral Springs, check out The Cook and the Cork.
mcdtj

Postby mcdtj » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:25 pm

School shooting in Parkland is less than a mile from Friday's concert venue.
mcdtj

Postby mcdtj » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:16 am

Another fun Poco performance in Coral Springs last night, with Chelsea Williams as the opening act. Her voice (and Rusty's new lyrics) sounded great on ROC. Loved the last 2-3 rockin' tunes that closed the show. And judging by the grins on the band's faces, so did they. Hope to see you all perform again in this 50th anniversary year.
mcdtj

Postby DooDa Dave » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:03 pm

The first time I saw Poco was in 1970 in Binghamton, NY. They were the tightest and best band I ever heard live. When Jim Messina was replaced by Paul Cotton, I had my doubts, but when I finally saw them again, my doubts were gone. When Richie left, I had my doubts and judging from Tim's very strained voice from covering both his and Richie's vocals and a brief after show encounter at an upstate NY college town on the first tour after Richie departed, left me thinking the band had it's doubts too. But they persisted and Seven, along with the rest of the records and tours done as a foursome, were great. After Tim left,the only time I saw them was at Westbury for the Legacy tour but by then, Richard Marx had replaced Richie and I wondered how they could have left Paul out, but I finally got to see them with Randy Meisner in the band.Then I saw them here in FL in 2013. Any doubts about this lineup were shattered. Admittedly I missed George's high harmonies, but neither Jack nor George L were disappointments. It was a relaxed and mellower Poco and I was able to appreciate Rusty's singing even though I missed the wicked interplay of his gonzo pedal steel (Robert Randolph must have been watching some of that) with Paul's lead guitar.
Then, my favorite member, Paul Cotton, left and I really had my doubts again. Well, seeing them last Friday in Coral Springs was eye-opening! Anyone who has any doubts about this lineup needs to see them. The old tunes were refreshed and reincarnated and the newer material, along with Rusty's solo material was as good as anything this band has done in the last 50 years, Most of all, the band really seems to gel and enjoy playing together and they have a singing drummer again! Michael Webb fits right in and adds his own dimension and flavor to the band. My only regret is not being able to see them in the Northeast with Jim Messina.
Poco is a band that has survived, adapted and evolved through its many changes unlike any other. Now, what ever happened to Rusty's long promised memoir?
DooDa Dave

Postby fanjack12 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:53 am

We all have wanted to get our hands on "that book", but I have realized Rusty is still "writing" that book as Poco continues their journey through time. Almost every month requires another chapter as the latest version of Poco (with Rusty as the glue) continues to roll on - and Rusty in particular. Go Poco !!!
fanjack12

Return to Poco Discussion