Ain't It A Shame

Discuss the band.

Ain't It A Shame

Postby fanjack12 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:31 pm

Guess the new website has done little to increase the topics and discussion back to what it used to be. Hope all enjoy Facebook, if that is where you are.
fanjack12

Re: Ain't It A Shame

Postby studiogirl » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:29 pm

One reason I spend more time and effort on Facebook is because I can see lots of Poco and Poco-related posts, photos, shows, etc. IN ADDITION to everyone and everything else I'm interested -- all in one place. I've always felt this website is a good site but it is limited -- mostly -- to Poco and related material. On Facebook, I can catch up with all my interests quickly, without having to go from one website to another.

I think this fan forum should remain, but as I have discovered from years of friendship with other Poconuts, we have many other interests to share. I enjoy keeping in touch with them and sharing those other interests, which I don't think would be appropriate here, on a dedicated site.

There is quite the drama going on about Facebook and data breaches. From the get-go, I have not shared any personal data that could be hacked, other than my birthdate when I joined. I also do not do much internet shopping, nor do I do any internet banking. So there's just nothing for any data mining to find out about me from the internet. I'm amazed at all the people scrambling to delete personal info -- it should never have been there. And that's why I don't feel particularly vulnerable and still enjoy Facebook and all it offers in terms of social interaction and information about things I'm interested in.

I wish the few Poconuts on this site were on Facebook...but to each his/her own!
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Re: Ain't It A Shame

Postby Bogeyfire » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:37 am

Truth! Great points, SG.

And, you can easily become friends with all your favorite members such as, Rusty, Richie, Paul, and just about everyone else you want to keep up with.
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Return to Poco Discussion