"Bordertown" by Thom Landt, 2008

Discuss the band.

"Bordertown" by Thom Landt, 2008

Postby StevenT » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:40 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6e7IAqrciA

If I'm not mistaken, Paul, possibly Rusty, possibly Jack, played on this?

StevenT

Re: "Bordertown" by Thom Landt, 2008

Postby Bogeyfire » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:30 pm

I can't answer that. However, Thom played a bunch on Paul's solo CDs and he played with him when he was touring CA about 6yrs ago.

Classy guy. I don't think Rusty ever thought much of him. He kicked him off stage once when Paul invited him up during sound check. But, Thom and Paul were great together.

As a result, he always kept a low profile on this forum.
Navy Hymn- O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go.
Bogeyfire

Postby woogie » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:30 am

I saw this post and meant to look up the credits and finally got round to it, the credits mention Paul Cotton and Jack Sundred but they were the only names I recognised.No mention of Rusty on there.So I guess he did not participate in the making of the cd.
I can't believe it's been 10 years since Thom sent me a preview of some of the tracks on the upcoming cd.I think Bordertown stands out the most.
Thom is a good bloke, I emailed him a few times and he always responded with a kind word.
I must have a listen again.
Thom used to get on here now and again but guess he's gone to FB.
woogie

Postby StevenT » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:42 pm

The instrumental backing to this Thom Landt version of "Bordertown" sounds identical to that of the demo version featuring Paul Cotton's lead vocal (that circulated underground a couple decades ago).

I would love to buy an official release of all the Cotton/Young/Sundrud demos recorded after Inamorata and before Legacy (1984-1989). Some brilliant songs written during that time, only a few of which have seen the light of day in other forms, e.g. "Across A Painted Sky" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5naE8pkZ6A).

StevenT

Return to Poco Discussion